Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Interior Color for Vert???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 05:36 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

Default Best Interior Color for Vert???

I have a black vert coming with dark charcoal interior and IUP. I live in Houston and (hot as hell) and originally had the parchment interior but changed it for two reasons:
[ul][*] I have seen other cars with parchment as well as heard that they very easily show dirt. I have 4 pigs...sorry I mean kids and they, well you get the picture.[*] I also wasnt comfortable with the look of the parchment with the silver dash and trim. I tried to force myslef to like it, but no go. I think and am sure everyone agrees that the best "looking" match is the dark charcoal and silver. I have this in my Ram and the look is awesome.
[/ul]

So here I am with everything on its way and I see this other guy drive past me in a black vert with parchment interior and I say to myself, "damn that looks good". Of course now I am wondering if I should have stuck with the parchment, banned the kids, ripped off the silver trim and put in aftermarket woodgrain.

I particulatly would like to hear from vert owners in hot climates who have the dark charcoal. Also from anyone who has tried to put aftermarket dash kit in place of the IUP? All this means nothing if I am locked into my options anyway.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:41 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Best Interior Color for Vert???

FWIW, even though I have a coupe, I say stick with the dark charcoal leather and factory IUP trim, but add good dark tint and get a windshield shade. It helps tremendously to keep the interior cooler.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:03 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I guess this is what I had in mind when I changed to the dark interior. I wanted what I thought was the best color match but I knew I would have to compensate for the heat problems it would cause. Very dark tint will be the first mod...of many mods...
Old 07-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

The dark interior has not been a problem, it's the dark top that sucks in the heat.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Ladder15

I had the same concern as you and thought about the parchment interior/top first (with redfire)
But...
Decided I liked the Torch Red better and went with the Light Graphite Interior...
Mister Roper is right... It's the BLACK top that is the heat magnet. Especially is it's been in the sun with the windows up for a while!
Old 07-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Black05GT

Another vote for the light graphite w/ my Black GT Conv. I haven't taken delivery, but I saw one on ebay and it looked good.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

I have the dark charcol and UIP... I like em both... I didn't want the 3 color difference...
Old 07-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Ladder15

Don't know if you can see the interior with all that red, but here's a pic...

[IMG]local://upfiles/14994/708DADC231D742DEB57F8C328EBA8C79.jpg[/IMG]

The light graphite is ok in the full sun... doesn't burn like black or dark colors...
Old 07-09-2005, 09:46 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Before my Oh Five, I had a white '98 Mustang ragtop with black top and light gray cloth interior. Now I have black leather (don't kid yourself - dark charcoal IS black) with the IUP (which I love). The all-black interior shows dirt a whole heck of alot more than the gray cloth did (carpet also). The seats get hot quickly too. If I need to leave the car out in the hot sun for even a little while, the top goes up & windows down. Conversely, while waiting for the July 4th parade to start, I put the windows and top up and cranked the AC, which iced the car down in only a few minutes. Sorry for the long story. Black was my only choice for Mineral Gray, as I did not want a Parchment top. I am quite happy with black leather - it looks awesome with the IUP, IMO.

Black with the red seat upgrade looks great too.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:04 PM
RutgersFan

I have a black GT vert on order and opted for the ICAP. I think the red leather looks so cool in the black ragtop.

Quick Reply: Best Interior Color for Vert???