MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   list your problems with your '05 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/56101-list-your-problems-with-your-05-a.html)

benlp1971 09-30-2005 10:31 AM

RE: list your problems with your '05

Did not see this issue listed by anyone else yet - ABS module replacement. Check traction control message and ABS light was staying on all the time. Dealer did not know what the problem was for 2 days. Entire ABS Module had to be replaced. This part is on national backorder. Took 3 weeks to get the part and replace. Mine was the first 2005 dealer had this issue with but 2 others came in with same problem while part was on backorder.

Leak in middle of driver side window - had not happened when raining but only when washing the car. When service tech explained problem to "the person who fixes leaks" he said: "2005 convertible? I know exactly where and what the problem is." It has been fixed.

Fuel filling problems - Happened twice and is currently at dealer being fixed. There is a TSB on this. I had the same problem with a 1998 Mystique. The filler neck needs to be replaced so anyone who is having this problem needs to have it fixed. It eventually became a recall on the Mystique. Make sure they test it before you get the car back. They did not test the Mystique and a piece had been left off and when I put gas in it was running out as fast as it was going in!!

Auto Windows - whenever I put the top back up, the windows just keep going up and down. They will hit the top and just go all the way back down again. Module has to be replaced and is currently at dealer being fixed.

benlp1971 10-01-2005 11:34 AM

Follow up on previous message - Dealer did not fix my gas tank. The TSB is only for cars before 4/26/05. My car date is 6/3/05 so they would not replace the tank. Was told all the same as others, to find a gas station where pump fills at slower rate.

Vrinsk 11-14-2006 06:18 PM

1. Vibration at approx 70 mph
2. Clunking noise when shifting between 1st and 2nd (man. trans.)

bl1nk 11-14-2006 06:39 PM

Jesus this thread is ancient......just... why?

torch red 11-14-2006 06:54 PM

AC was weak..but it was 100 degrees...so who knows...

Other then that....tight as a drum....

ford4v429 11-14-2006 09:06 PM

as this thread looks like it went dormant even before I got mine last year, heres my list...I type slow, so pasting from another forum I'd put it in:

>>>list of common known issues Ive read about in many forums (and Ive seen these all on mine):

1) master cylinder cap leaks if 'full'- fix: wipe off often at a minimum, or siphon a little bit out- some guys got a new gasket too...
2) floormat tears hook out of the carpet(cheep carpet- most you'll see will be tearing)- fix: dont hook it, remember to pull the floormat back every couple days.
3) seatback release levers on back of seat break if used very regularly- only fix is 'dont use them', but how do the kids get in/out...expecting ford to release a revised piece sooner or later, but who knows.
4) gastank refusing fuel/burping gas- fix: fill slow, rotate nozzle if needed to fill, stand back in case it burps gas out- seems they all do sooner or later...mine did it twice, hasnt done it since...ford NEEDS to fix the piss poor venting of these tanks, but looks like 'thats normal for the car' is going to be their stance on it, as going into third year, and the mid'05 redesign was only a partial improvement.
5) gas pedal 'feel' complaints- fix: do the recalibration thing once in a while: turn key on(dont start), wait for couple lights in the cluster to shut off, slowly floor it/slowly release it, turn key off...repeat if necessary- made a night and day difference in mine.
6) personal observation- the inner rocker 'flap' in front of the rear tires: both of mine were open on top, half of the cars I saw at the auto show were open on at least one side- poor sealing/undercoating...the filthiest area of the car, with a 3/16 inch hole funneling down into a razor thin pinchweld...bad situation if you drive anywhere near salt.
Also if you took a mirror and looked behind mine(cant fit your head back there) due to the angle they sprayed the undercoating at, one side of mine was wide open- only had a couple hundred miles when I pulled the fenders/inner fenders/rocker covers, etc to undercoat- yet the unsealed side already had a lot of sand and crap wedged in between the gap there...guarantee that area will be one of two 'weak points' regarding rust in 5-6 years...the other area will be the flange where the front fender bolts to the bumper- betcha if you look back under where the snorkel goes into the fenderwell with a flashlight, waaay back under to the edge of the fender, you'll see a lot of mud buildup...washing underneath rinses all the crap from the fender lip right into that area, and the panel below the headlights has a downward pinchweld that the water tries to drain into- mine was pretty packed with road grime after only washing twice and driving in the rain one time, with 300 miles on the clock...its a flat area that collects dirt, and has thin gaps for dirt to wedge into...I filled mine with seamsealer to smooth over all the little crevices, and keep it rinsed out when washing the car...

thats about all I can think of right now...<<<

doode 11-15-2006 02:41 AM

know its an old thread but

fuel pump - fixed under TSB
rear brake pad thunk - fixed under TSB
melted headlight reflector caps - both headlight housings replaced under warranty

on a more interesting note, this was posted earlier...

ORIGINAL: Colossus
- Interesting knocking sound especially in 4th gear, sounds like something hard and solid beating against something hard and solid. Constantly while in fourth gear, morso under acceleration. Needless to say that sort of sound is not sustainable.
- Funny random rattling symphony of noises when the transmission is in neutral. Sounds like a couple of rocks bouncing around in a blender.
He has a V6, i have a V8 but my car does that in 4th gear as well. Mind you it could be me lugging the engine and it not liking it , but it makes a crazy knocking noise at around 1800 RPM / 60 k/h when i give it around 50% throttle.

gearbox it self makes a ton of roll over noise and gear lash , and is quite notchy in 1st and 3rd gear
dealer looked at the car before and said the gearbox was fine, and that its just the way it is - but this was before the 4th gear kncoking

something to be concerned about?