MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   list your problems with your '05 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/56101-list-your-problems-with-your-05-a.html)

vfast 07-10-2005 11:17 AM

list your problems with your '05

if you have had problems with your new 05 stang please list them if you have been lucky so far with no problem please don't post....I'm gathering info on the 05 problems
thanks

RICVA05 07-10-2005 11:29 AM

RE: list your problems with your '05

Solenoid valve in transmission leaking out vent tube. TSB 5-9-11 front suspension
Heater mixing box problem no fix for problem yet.

jjpony 07-10-2005 11:33 AM

I have noticed once in awhile there is a "popping" sound from the front somewhere. I just saw some info about a TSB on the strut towers so it may be that. I haven't had time to investigate that yet.

1fast05GT 07-10-2005 02:16 PM

small dent in the passenger side rear quarter panel....

now seriously, my car was built on 09/2004 and I got it on 10/31/04. After 10,500 miles the only issue I had was the missing bolts in the heatshield. Other than that it has been a blast until my wife had the wreck. The car is in the shop right now. No idea when it's going to be done.

showam1 07-10-2005 02:57 PM

Skipper 1000 replaced 3 times
Fuel tank not filling at certain stations, dealer says no problem with tank even when shown tsb.
Dealer vendor ripped up leather in driver seat while replacing radio, twice.
car will sometimes sputter 3% of the time, on downshift and flooring it, it thinks for a while, asks if it something I NEED to do, then decides to go... Dealer said this is normal [:@]
I said, then the problem is worse than I thought, My "normal" sputter is missing 97% of the time then ;) they have nothing to say to that :D

gianf 07-11-2005 03:09 AM

There is a rattle in the back when I go over rough road. It also hesitates when I romp on it. Not all the time, but enough that it is something I have to consider when I get on the throttle.

Steve

freakatthewheel 07-11-2005 11:29 AM

I experience these problems:

FRONT SUSPENSION POPPING NOISE WHILE TURNING RIGHT OR LEFT - usually from a stand still
FUEL FILL SLOW, OR DIFFICULT TO FILL - 50% of the time
CD PLAYER SKIPPING - 10% of the time
KEYLESS ENTRY - remote works intermittently (sometimes I have to resort to using the key! OMG, the key!)

When I get my secondary vehicle street legal again, I'll take stang in for some help on thes issues.

ChewbaccaD 07-11-2005 01:17 PM

I noticed this weekend that my rear bumper molding seems to be ill-fitted. I'm going to have to get that looked at. It's not an immediately noticeable thing unless you know what to look for. And of course, now I know and can't help looking at it!! [:-]

2Stangs 07-11-2005 02:24 PM

I have noise coming from rear passenger side when I hit bumps.
I have noise coming from front passenger side at speeds of 70-80mph.
I have noise coming from dashboard above 40mph.
I have noise coming from under hood when car is on.
Rear bumper molding problem.
My windows like to go back down after they start going up, or go up after going down.
My dealership service department is a pain in the a$$.

Boozshey 07-11-2005 02:30 PM

Fuel Tank Issue -- Fixed
Popping/clicking sound from Engine (NOT STRUT) - Have no idea what it is. I thought at first it was the A/C but it does it when the A/C is off.
Brake Fluid Resivoir is starting to get dirt build up aroud the seam. I think I need to take it to get looked at.
Not the Skipper, but the Regular Radio skips when playing tracks 17+ on any CD.

TorchRedBeauty 07-11-2005 03:23 PM

The only problem I have had so far is the fuel tank issue (knock on wood). I haven't gotten it fixed yet since filling slowly with the handle at 12:00 works fine for me.

jfrayzier 07-11-2005 03:54 PM

[ul][*] Fuel tank problem -- replaced under warranty. So far, it seems fine.[*] Problem with popping noise under driver floorboard. Turns out the adhesive had come off of the bottom of the carpet and when I lifted my foot it would pop off the floor. Body shop fixed that under warranty.[*] Driver window seems to rub against the moulding when I open it (while it is dropping down) if opened anything but SUPER SLOWLY. Service shop checked other vehicles on the lot and they do the same thing. Said it must be normal. I am satisfied with that answer.[*] Passenger door rubbed against the striker improperly when the door is closed, causing the door to elevate slightly when closed. Repaired under warranty.
[/ul]

After seeing a few of the issues others have had, I am thankful that none of mine have affected the vehicle's drivability.

My service shop here in Roanoke has done an excellent job of addressing my issues. It just is that they kept the vehicle much longer than I would have liked (four days for two hours worth of work).

don_w 07-11-2005 04:16 PM

I'm one of the lucky ones... none of the above... except a CD skip once a week or so.

Stone 07-11-2005 04:26 PM

I have had the normal problems build was 10/04

FRONT SUSPENSION POPPING NOISE WHILE TURNING RIGHT OR LEFT - usually from a stand still
FUEL FILL SLOW, OR DIFFICULT TO FILL - 75% of the time
DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW NOT INSTALLED CORECTLY FELL OFF TRACK @2AM -3 DEGREES 50 MILES FROM HOME BRRRRRR.
SWIRLS UNDERS THE CLEAR COAT IN MY PAINT 5 DIFF PLACES ON CAR ABOUT HAND SIZED.

Had window fixed right away and the other 3 are being fixed next week when ford gets the parts in.

vfast 07-11-2005 04:35 PM

no shifter problems yet?

hawgman 07-11-2005 08:34 PM

Fuel tank-replaced under warranty with TSB
Front struts popping-repaired under warranty with TSB
Skipper1000-replaced 4 times under warranty with TSB. Fixed by going aftermarket.
Paint job is marginal at best.
Rattle in dust cover for bell housing-fixed under warranty, no TSB
Leaking clutch master cylinder cap-replaced under warranty

DuBaI 07-11-2005 09:19 PM

got many problems over here =p..

- fuel tank.. ( changed with the TSB but still same problem and it also Splash when its click full..)
- cd player Skippz n bad cd somtiems..
- poping in passnger rear seat.. i guess
- viration... ( the car is with the dealer and they will change the shaft ) ..

Bmann29 07-13-2005 01:49 PM

Well I am on my 3rd gas tank and the dealership gives me a BS answer like "What you need to do is put the gas in slower". This is not a solution IMO.

allfyre 07-13-2005 04:37 PM

I was hearing strange noises coming from the passenger side, they would occur whenever I'd go above 80MPH, whenever I'd pul a few G's making a fast turn, whenever I'd do a burnout or have to come to a quick stop.

It was a really peircing, annoying, sort of metallic screeching sound and I couldn't figure out what the problem was for the longest time, but finally I broke down and had the wife removed and since then I haven't had any problems.

wildabouthorses 07-13-2005 05:49 PM

Since day one of getting ours I have noticed the passenger side windshield water sprayer drips and leaves water lines on the hood after its been used. The other side does not. Did show the mechanics but just haven't had time to take it in to be looked at closer yet. Haven't seen anyone else complain about this yet....

TorchRedBeauty 07-13-2005 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: wildabouthorses

Since day one of getting ours I have noticed the passenger side windshield water sprayer drips and leaves water lines on the hood after its been used. The other side does not. Did show the mechanics but just haven't had time to take it in to be looked at closer yet. Haven't seen anyone else complain about this yet....
Mine does it on the driver's side. I noticed it just the other day and it even spills out more fluid while turning after you use the sprayer. It's kind of annoying since it leaves water streaks on the car.

757GT 07-13-2005 06:27 PM

I have had 2 problems. The Shaker one where it spits CDs out, and my power lumber doesn't work. Nothing serious although I should probably get those things fixed.

Professor Wizard 07-13-2005 07:01 PM

My sprayers dribble on BOTH sides.

I figure it would be fruitless to try to get them fixed.

Instead.. I am going to go to a junkyard and swipe the "On Wiper Blade" unit off of an LTD, Lincoln or Monarch. then maybe turn the things on the hood into turn signal indicators.

Most of my "problems" are annoying things... No hurry to fix them, so I am compiling a "List" to have everything worked on in one drop off at the dealership.

- My Fog Light Reflecters are coated with some smoky crap!

- My Drivers Side Rear Window doesn't always come all the way up and I have to "Pull" it out with my hand.

- Sometimes it is a bear to get my roof to contact the windshield well enough to latch it. It never actually quite makes it to the windshield.

- My AC doesn't work worth a crap if it is above 90 degrees.

MyFirstPony 07-13-2005 07:36 PM

Just the fuel tank thing so far for me.

Racnnut 07-14-2005 01:37 AM

Ditto on the fuel tank thing with me also. But only at certain stations.

Kathy

FemmeCanuck 07-14-2005 12:42 PM

OK, I have to RANT for a minute...

Day I bought the car, lid wouldn't go all the way up, when we finally got it latched, there was a GAP between lid and passenger side window, they ordered a part and meantime told me to keep the lid up. 2 weeks later part finally comes in, then they BREAK the back window when installing new part! After that I was without my baby FOR 5 WEEKS!!!!!! No apology from the dealership, no compensation no nothing. Once they finally took another lid off another 05, top still doesn't line up all the way right, so I have to muscle it into place every time, but do not want to deal with them any more. When they finally installed the new roof, they put 3 DENTS into the drivers side door, so now my 3 month old car has had a new roof, and body work done!

As for non dealership problems, seem to have a leak in the muffler, not sure if a problem or not. The main thing that bothers me is when making hard turns at low speeds (like backing into parking stall), LOUD popping noise (dealership says normal), other than that I have had no problems with the gas tank or wipers, guess I 'm lucky there.

V6 Convertible, Black and Tan and Tan Leather.................

showam1 07-14-2005 05:16 PM

Wow,
This looks like you didn't hold their feet to the fire and let them walk all over you.
You should have strung them up by the balls.

whats with the name, or is that part of the problem

J/K

[quote]ORIGINAL: FemmeCanuck

"After that I was without my baby FOR 5 WEEKS!!!!!! No apology from the dealership, no compensation no nothing."

FemmeCanuck 07-14-2005 06:33 PM

I did, sort of. They were refusing to help me out at all and told me it would still be another 2-3 months before they could get me a new lid, so I went to another dealership, who gave me the phone # for the Regional Manager of Ford Canada (yes hence the Canuck) and he got me back into my car within 4 business days with a top from another car, which I had suggested since day one that they broke it... I did get lifetime oil changes out of it, but had that BEFORE they broke the window, that was for selling me a defective car.........

[quote]ORIGINAL: showam1

Wow,
This looks like you didn't hold their feet to the fire and let them walk all over you.
You should have strung them up by the balls.

whats with the name, or is that part of the problem

J/K

05RoushGT 07-15-2005 02:51 PM

Same as most here.

Popping noise while turning - usually from a stand still as most have said
Fuel difficult to fill as some gas stations
CD not the best in the world

281GT 07-15-2005 07:09 PM

1) Intermitent spealing noise from under the hood. I used my stethoscope to find a defective belt tensioner bearing. The dealer confirmed this. A new belt tensioner will be here next week.
2) Defective passenger door latching mechanism. (result: unable to unlock the passenger door with the remote transmitter) Part was replaced. Works perfectly now.
3) Rear wheels frequently loose traction resulting in accelerated tire wear.

281GT 07-15-2005 09:20 PM

I've had the grin problem as well. I've heard the police can help with that.

jtscuba02 07-15-2005 09:28 PM

i am new to all this stuff, but was wondering if anyone else had a problem with their gt. i have the c&l cold air kit w/ updated predator tune, flowmaster mufflers, and zex nitrous kit. the problem happens at about 6 grand, the motor kind of falls off. not like spark knock, like the fuel pump goes in and out. c&l said i need to regap the plugs, zex said the plugs are fine, and ford said the ecu and fuel system is fine. i hate to go to the drag strip and look so bad. 13.01 was the fastest time but the car stopped pulling. tried the n2o once, too much wheel spin. just got the drag radials and gears today, think i will order the pulleys tonight. anyhow, no other problems ( and i am not bad mouthing anyone ). any info would be great.

jtscuba02 07-15-2005 10:17 PM

the new tune raised the rev limiter to 6500, that was the first thing i checked. my friend thinks it is the fuel pump, but i dont think so. i pulled the plugs and they looked rich not clean like you would think they should be. i have been told the car should pull well past 6700 rpm. oh yeah, no mil lights either. i do know when i get this figured out, this car is gonna fly. my friend runs a ford lighting with mucho engine work and on the bottle from a 2nd gear pull, i walked away from him. thanks for the advice

Redfire 07-15-2005 11:45 PM

Mine has been pretty good, but for a few things. I had those heat shield bolts put in, the Skipper 500 replaced, [sounds worse than orig, and has a mark on the lens], dash pad was streaked, but they put some crap on it and now seems ok. But today in the 90 degree heat, the blower motor quit for awhile. It was fine when I shut the car off, but after I came back out of a doc appointment, the damn thing wouldnt blow. I could hear the various doors closing and a/c clutch kicking in when I fornicated with the adjustments, just the blower motor didnt work. But after driving a mile or so, it came on and has been fine since. Will have it checked when I go in to have the Steeda underdrives put on.[:@]

hybridmoments 07-16-2005 12:56 PM

lets see..throttle hesitation seems to be a problem..usually occurs when i pull out into a busy intersection with on-coming traffic..it seems to occur less frequently after re-flashing the computer.

power mirrors and traction control stop working after riding over rough areas on the road esp. rail road tracks...then works fine after stopping and re-starting the car

fuel tank issue getting worse..a full tank only registers about 285 miles to E where as before when i first bought the car it would register about 345 miles then after the custom tune it would register about 330 miles...

1standLastPony 07-16-2005 05:45 PM

Is there enough room here? lol

1. Transmission
2. Engine Module
3. Vibration Dampner
4. Rear Brakes
5. Defrost Actuator
6. Fuel Tank
7. Fuel sending units
8. Exhaust system
9. Radiator resvr tank
10. Front struts
11. -going in Tuesday for a thumping noise in the rear

For those inquiring minds = Build date was 11/6/2004

All problems within first 3 months and less then 2900 miles.

IS QUALITY REALLY JOB #1 at Ford????????

designkid78 08-10-2005 07:41 PM

Car was stuck in gear. We realized this when I put the car in reverse and it went forward. Apparently someone forgot to tighten the nut on the shifter/linkage (at the factory) and it fell off. Towed to dealer and was fixed in a couple of hours. Otherwise I have had no problems.

S.SubZero 08-10-2005 09:24 PM

Oh wow there is one of these threads.. and it does mention the gas problem I am having! I can't seem to fill it, it just keeps stopping. I should have suspected something, since even the DEALER had a problem filling it the day I got it, and they tried to pass it off as something wrong with the pump. I just tried filling it today and it just doesn't want gas. I will try another station later today and if it still has trouble I'll have to schedule a dealer appointment to be told nothing at all is wrong. I mean I see some old posts here mentioning it, my car just came off the line in July and still the problem is there.

Dilligaf 08-11-2005 11:45 AM

Ok, here it goes.

Popping noises under the hood when starting with wheel turned or backig up into a parking space
Fuel tank not filling at most stations
Bad rattles in the interior (girl said it bothered her, I said she bothered me, end of a bad date)
And the number one reason I almost hate driving my Mustang THE BRAKES SQUEAL LIKE MAD!!! Under light braking pressure.

Now ford service Manager is an idiot and said he couldn't hear the brakes squeal, his lead mechanic said he heard it and that ford didn't care if they squealed and they would for the life of the car. They also told me the fix for the tank was to hold the pump handle upside down, and the popping noises were normal.

Yes I showed them the Tank TSB they still told me to hold the handle upside down.

What I want to know is does anyone have the brake problem or know of a fix for it? It is driving me insane I hate driving with the windows down now.

I should add it is a V6 with no mods at this time.

That's it

Dilligaf!

Professor Wizard 08-11-2005 01:57 PM

Dillajaf...

TIME to take your car to ANOTHER Ford dealer!