Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Pipe and Bassani Race Axle Backs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Default Sound Pipe and Bassani Race Axle Backs!!!

Hey guys, this whole sound pipe thing has me worried that if I change the exhaust up it will be insanely loud inside the cabin! Now I do want the car louder and i kno I will have some more noise resinating in the interior. But would the sound pipe intensify this effect if I went with something like Bassani Race Axle Backs. I wanted the roush system but it is a full catback and I want the choice of being able to put the stock mufflers back on if I take it on a trip. Axle backs seem alot easier to switch in and out plus ford already has 2.5 piping! Any thoughts?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:51 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
Hey guys, this whole sound pipe thing has me worried that if I change the exhaust up it will be insanely loud inside the cabin! Now I do want the car louder and i kno I will have some more noise resinating in the interior. But would the sound pipe intensify this effect if I went with something like Bassani Race Axle Backs. I wanted the roush system but it is a full catback and I want the choice of being able to put the stock mufflers back on if I take it on a trip. Axle backs seem alot easier to switch in and out plus ford already has 2.5 piping! Any thoughts?
The stock maybe 2.5" but trust me when I tell ya it isn't asmooth bends. When I first saw the stock exhaust asfter it was removed from the car i thought the shop had bent it up getting it out then I noticed they were not new kinks and dents in the piping, it was original that way
Old 09-10-2009, 11:03 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Ive also noticed that but I have also heard that its only worth 3 or 5 HP, But I notice roush has alot smoother bends by looking at others side by side comparison. But I would like to have the ability to take the axle backs off when I have to get on the highway and stay on the highway! For long trips! Do you think the sound pipe would play a role in being extremely loud in the car Once set to cruise?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

My understanding is you can adjust the sound from the sound pipe by pulling the insulation out or adding more in. I will check with the dealer about this tomorrow when I go over and order my Roush body parts
Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Hey wilkinda If your up for it would you mind doing a favor for me, Im looking at SSS Terminator Axle backs comparing to bassani but pull a picture up of them and see if you can tell if they have any kind of slash cut to them. I am color blind and Im awful at seeing angles! because I think it would look terrible if there is no defintion or slash to them! IF you can tell me what you think it would be greatly apperciated! I'll owe you one!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:34 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Hey wilkinda If your up for it would you mind doing a favor for me, Im looking at SSS Terminator Axle backs comparing to bassani but pull a picture up of them and see if you can tell if they have any kind of slash cut to them. I am color blind and Im awful at seeing angles! because I think it would look terrible if there is no defintion or slash to them! IF you can tell me what you think it would be greatly apperciated! I'll owe you one!
When you say slash..are you talking the tips being angled such that the top sticks out furhter than the bottom??
Old 09-10-2009, 11:39 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

yes almost like yours and FRPP Stingers or borla Stingers I love the 4 inch tips which this one has but, not sure if its a stright cut or a little bit of slash in there! Thanks Man for responding kinda want to order a system tonight! Oh yea I decided to go with the GT leathers with White trim ARGHH Those GB owners that have the grabber blue stipes on their seats LOL!!! JP
Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Nevermind wilkinda I found this vid OMG it looks like crap looks like it is almost rubbing the black plastic outlets on the bumpehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITp7zltIz0Mr

ARGHH Just when I thought I had a system that would suit me! Back to the drawling boards!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

yes almost like yours and FRPP Stingers or borla Stingers I love the 4 inch tips which this one has but, not sure if its a stright cut or a little bit of slash in there! Thanks Man for responding kinda want to order a system tonight! Oh yea I decided to go with the GT leathers with White trim ARGHH Those GB owners that have the grabber blue stipes on their seats LOL!!! JP
Yeah, they look as thought they have a slight slash to them.

They are selling the leather take-offs on E-bay for like $400 for the complete 2010 set
Old 09-10-2009, 11:46 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

They did a horrible job centering those tail pipes in the openings....

Quick Reply: Sound Pipe and Bassani Race Axle Backs!!!