Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake inlet tube?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:08 PM
flyinfunnyguy16
2nd Gear Member

Dang, good info there JD!!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:25 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you should just get a CAI. it looks better, performs better, one of the basic bolt ons.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I thought it was good info, I got a little issue with my stang right now, had Ford look at it, they couldnt find the problem, pointed the finger at my aftermarket parts, and tried to charge me $100 diagnostic fees (my car is 1 year old with 7k miles.) I pointed out that by there inability to resolve the problem they can not prove definatively that it is my aftermarket part and that they dont have any right to charge me. "Return to stock and retest" isnt a viable defense for them to charge you on..... Shame on Ford for pointing the finger at Saleen and Steeda anyway.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:45 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

also, just as a starter, something like this is a good no tune required intake:
http://www.brenspeed.com/17365.html

I ran it for a while with no tune and it was fine. Its also available in Satin and Chrome. That will continue to look nice under your hood, and flow better then stock. If your considering getting a tuner + CAI package (takes about 10 minutes to return to 100% stock) Something like this will REALLY wake your car up:
http://www.bamachips.com/store/index...6f25d98d3f0a23

That kind of setup is really safe, and with a Bama "Race" tune and that intake, you will notice a DRAMATIC difference in feel.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Just get the CAI and you'll be happy with the bump in power.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Sorry to have to do this to you but, just a CAI, especialy one that doesnt need a tune, will not give you anything you can feel in the pedal.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

To the OP, I was initially hesitant to re-tune due to the dreaded warranty concerns. You will find lots of people on both sides of this issue. All I can say is that legal or not, a dealership can be very helpful, or they can make your life miserable. Yes, the Magnuson Moss Act can help you in these situations, but dealerships can still give you the runaround if they want. I would suggest taking a long look at your current dealership and deciding for yourself how they will treat you if you mod your vehicle. For example, my dealership makes me feel right at home with my CAI. When I initially asked them not to flash the computer (I was scared they might without telling me), the service guy (who is ALWAYS there any time I come in) looked at me cross-eyed and explained that they wouldn't ever do that, since I had the CAI and obviously a re-tune, and then went on to explain that the tech doing the work on my car had built his own 600+HP 2005+ mustang. I later even talked to this tech about things like, "What mods might I look into next?", "Where would be a good place to get the car dynoed?", etc. On the other hand, I had my previous dealership try to tell me that my axleback exhaust was causing a rattle problem that was clearly documented in a TSB! These are the same geniuses that attempted to fix my water leak; check out the sig for how that ended...

I guess what I am saying is, if you think your dealership is on the level with this kind of this, I would go for the CAI/tune combo. If you don't think they are, then personally I would consider looking for one that is. Having pulled the trigger almost a year ago, I can tell you that it is a fantastic mod for these cars; it's the best bang for your buck and I wouldn't have it any other way. The car is actually drivable now!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
flyinfunnyguy16
2nd Gear Member

Hypro and JD, thank you for all your input. I think I might just do it and pull the trigger a little early. My shop is pretty on par with good mechanics. Last time I was in, he knew my shifter was different than the time previous. I too have a car a little over a year, 1 year 2 months, and 19 days to be exact =) and it only has 4k miles, so I just want to make sure I dont somehow screw up what the dealership still owes me. I truely do thank you all for your input, and I guess Xmas time will be seeing me a few extra horses under the hood! And Hyrpro, nice color choice, I too am a Alloy Metallic
Old 10-07-2009, 07:12 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Wink

maybe this will fix that "plastic rubber" problem.......

to the OP, just get a BB&K cai that requires no tune
j
Attached Thumbnails Intake inlet tube?-image012.jpg  
Old 10-07-2009, 07:41 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

hey I notice 1 more part has the same C&L racer intake that I linked as a good option if your going for a tune and intake. His intake for 165 + the SCT from Bama with a custom tune already on it for 400 is only 565, as compared to the 625 if you were going new for that package ;-)

Quick Reply: Intake inlet tube?