Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

instrument cluster lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:57 AM
shumif1

Default instrument cluster lights

I have a 09 GT, delux. When i start the car the lights on the cluster are white but when i turn on the head lights they turn green, does anyone know how i can make it so that when the lights are turned on that they stay white. Are there 2 sets of bulbs ? Can i change bulbs or change a colored filament etc.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Sounds like you have the "My Color" instrument package. If so, your Owners Manual* tells how to change the colors to your liking.

*Despite rumors, the Owner's Manual will NOT burst into combustion when exposed to daylight and the human eye.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nuke
Sounds like you have the "My Color" instrument package. If so, your Owners Manual* tells how to change the colors to your liking.

*Despite rumors, the Owner's Manual will NOT burst into combustion when exposed to daylight and the human eye.
LOL! Well said!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
LOL! Well said!
I'll try not to mention the other few hundred tidbits in the OM, such as the false, rear cupholder bottom...
Old 10-17-2009, 02:59 PM
myskunk
1st Gear Member

i believe the deluxe does not come with my color package unless orderd , unless u have the color package thats the way the lights work .
Old 10-17-2009, 03:11 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

You can change the SMD LEDS if you have the guts
to remove the insturment cluster and do the change
of some 20 itty bitty LEDs.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:07 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

That is not the MyColor cluster. If it was he could select any color he wanted. That is the normal lighting set up. It's white during the day and green for night driving. The rest of your dash and buttons also light up green. Yea, it's not a popular color, thats why they sell the MyColor so you can get away from the ugly green color.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:23 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by chronos
That is not the MyColor cluster. If it was he could select any color he wanted. That is the normal lighting set up. It's white during the day and green for night driving. The rest of your dash and buttons also light up green. Yea, it's not a popular color, thats why they sell the MyColor so you can get away from the ugly green color.
right on, this is why i switch instrument clusters to the mycolor setup, didnt like the straight green
Old 10-18-2009, 10:27 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
I'm glad I got the MyColor option. I love setting the colors to fit the mood, but most of the time I leave it Blue to match the car.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:25 PM
clentonz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke

I don't think y'all understood what the OP was really trying to ask. The gauge lights are WHITE during the day or when your headlights/running lights are off. When you turn your lights on at night they turn GREEN. ***This is standard for all GT's w/o MyColor***

I think what he was trying to ask was...If they can turn green AND white, than are there two different sets(colors) of LEDs/Lights behind the dash? If so, is there a way of 'isolating' or bypassing the signal that makes them turn green when you turn on your headlights?

I mean there has to be some signal going out or coming in when you hit your healight switch to make them change...is there anyway of blocking this signal from going to the (I'm guessing the SJB)?

Quick Reply: instrument cluster lights