Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster & Pypes O/R H Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:18 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

^^^^Yea I'm close to needing new mufflers as well though idk what to get. They now have stainless flows but I might want to try something new....mid muffs sound good but with an O/R H it would be crazy loud.

BTW if you're considering mid muffler check out roush extreme exhaust setup---looks much nicer than pypes with less pieces to rattle/leak
Old 10-21-2009, 05:53 AM
nv4gt ws
2nd Gear Member

vista gt, sounds great! can you post your 1/4 mi times?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

I'm running that same setup, except I had to resonators welded in just before the rear axle. It really helped get rid of the raspiness.

I'm going to a catted X pipe next week though, as I'm getting BBK Longtubes installed.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
I'm running that same setup, except I had to resonators welded in just before the rear axle. It really helped get rid of the raspiness.

I'm going to a catted X pipe next week though, as I'm getting BBK Longtubes installed.
Can't wait to hear that!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:54 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nv4gt ws
vista gt, sounds great! can you post your 1/4 mi times?
Thanks.The run in the video was a 13.8@103-my second run ever.

......If you meant my other times
Best so far(my fourth run)is 13.5@104.5 That was a traction limited run with a 2,000rpm launch and shifting at 6k. This was also with the big wheels/tires. I'm hoping to see high 12s on my next trip now that I have DRs and can actually launch the thing PLUS I'm going to shift at 6500. I also ran a 13.6@103 on a 95degree day this summer which shows the potential. For fun here's my first run EVER at the track...also gives another exhaust clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y79Y2VkG1t0
LOL

Originally Posted by Chris07GT

I've thought about doing the resonators too but now with the mufflers being bad I'm holding off. How much did the resonators change the actual volume???
Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 AM
silentbob00

Originally Posted by Bigcha40
def about to kick the flows to the curb here too.. baffles inside the left muffler are shot and rattle around like crazy. the O/R H didnt help the situation any either. i think im gonna go to the pypes mid muffler system
This may sound stupid, but is this what I'm hearing with my Pypes mufflers? I have a O/R Pypes x pipe and several months ago I started periodically hearing a horrible rattling noise from the back end. Does a O/R pipe make this happen faster on a cheap muffler?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by silentbob00
This may sound stupid, but is this what I'm hearing with my Pypes mufflers? I have a O/R Pypes x pipe and several months ago I started periodically hearing a horrible rattling noise from the back end. Does a O/R pipe make this happen faster on a cheap muffler?
It doesn't sound stupid to me......I think in your case it's probably just the raspiness of the x pipe. As far as the O/R X doing it, I don't think so-->exhaust pressure breaking metal baffles? Highly unlikely. In our case with the flows, the inside rusts and tends to rot b/c they're made out of mild steel. If I'm not mistaken, the pypes mufflers are stainless steel and it shouldn't be a problem
Old 10-21-2009, 02:40 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Hey this sounds very familiar! Yeah that’s what I have on mine right now. The only trumpeting/rattling I get is from 2k-2.5k rpms. I really like the idle sound and cold starts are awesome.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:47 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

^^^^yea that's the raspiness of chambered mufflers
Old 10-21-2009, 08:11 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

The new Flowmaster "Classic" American Thunders sound good.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster & Pypes O/R H Video