Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long till first ticket for ya?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttiguy
Got pulled over by a cop yesterday. Picked up my stang 10/15 and got stopped on 10/31, so 16 days for me, almost.

Real cool cop, he clocked me at 56 in a 40 but he let me off with a warning. Maybe he picked on the fact that i was totally pissed at myself for getting pulled over since I wasn't even tying to speed. If I get a ticket I wanna earn it!
Like the guy in the '03 Gumball 3000 that got caught doing 242 in a 75 mph zone in Texas? Lol I haven't gotten a ticket yet, been pulled over once for beating a light but so far so good, and I've had my car for 2 summers now.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by ttiguy
Got pulled over by a cop yesterday. Picked up my stang 10/15 and got stopped on 10/31, so 16 days for me, almost.

Real cool cop, he clocked me at 56 in a 40 but he let me off with a warning. Maybe he picked on the fact that i was totally pissed at myself for getting pulled over since I wasn't even tying to speed. If I get a ticket I wanna earn it!

I've been drivin my 08 for about 18 months now and not a single ticket (kow). I did get pulled over once though for crossing a gore line getting off the freeway. I know the cop saw me flying up (80+) from behind though until I spotted him and dropped my speed.

His opening response to me was "How are you doing today speed racer?"

That's why I got stuck crossing the gore line. I had to wait for a car in the lane next to me to move so I could get over instead of going in front of the crowd with plenty of room to spare like I had planned on before I spotted him. Anyways, he complimented the stang (windveil blue) and told me to plan better next time. I got off with a warning. My daughter was with me and no sooner did the cop tell me to "Have a nice day" she was on the phone to my wife laughing.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:53 AM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Think I made it exactly 1 week before I got a ticket. I think the cop pulled me over simply because he was behind me and ran my plates and they came back to my old car, as I hadn't gotten the paperwork yet to register it yet.

Highway patrol must have been bored, gave me a ticket for failure to maintain a single lane on a multi-lane highway. Every heard of changing lanes you douche?

Guess he thought he could have gotten me for stolen vehicle / stolen tags, and then he was pissed when I provided him with proper documentation, so he didn't want to let me go without at least a ticket.

Thankfully, I work for the local police department, I just handed the ticket to my boss, he made a couple of phone calls, and the ticket magically went away.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:10 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

No ticket yet but pulled over plenty of times for a "warning".
Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
mikenavy
1st Gear Member

I never get warnings. It's either because I'm not a smooth talker, or my man ***** arent big enough,
Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I've gotten off with two warnings. One with my old stang and one with this one (mentioned above).

The old stang would've been a speeding ticket but while I didn't admit I was speeding I pointed out I was in a group of cars with less than 1 car length in front and behind me and door to door on both sides so how does he know I'm the car he tagged and if I was, I would've hit the car in front of me or he "randomly picked me" because of the type of car I have. I made absolutely certain to let him know I didn't doubt his skill or his 15+ years of service that he mentioned to me, I just felt there was some personal bias.

That and I admitted I should've just left my house earlier cos I was running late As soon as I said that, he was like "well that changes things. Now you know, leave earlier. Have a nice day."

Back in CA I never got warnings. Here in AZ the cops are much nicer!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

ive had my car for 4 months and still not a ticket but, im also like the "arrest me red" Only the grabber blue attracts the blue po po lights!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 AM
07VistaChicago
2nd Gear Member

2 weeks and a ticket under my belt.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 AM
CobraCurt
2nd Gear Member

Man, i haven't gotten a ticket in a long time.
It has to be over 10 years. 3 GTs & a Cobra during that time. I guess has been lucky.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
ive had my car for 4 months and still not a ticket but, im also like the "arrest me red" Only the grabber blue attracts the blue po po lights!
Grabber Blue sticks out like CRAZY. Now combine that with the exhaust...

Last edited by Adam; 11-09-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: How long till first ticket for ya?