Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Complaining, But....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:45 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

Default Not Complaining, But....

I have been living with my 2010 GT for a few months now and I couldn't be happier....unless...

On the advent of the official intro to the 2011's, I thought I would make some suggestions to Ford about some things I would like to see, or should have had in a new Mustang.

My Mustang is the 10th new car I have purchaced since 1972. It is almost a perfect sports car. The following would be icing on the cake:

1. 6-speed manual. My 2002 Acura had one and if properly geared, adds much pleasure to the driving experience (I know 2011 will have it, bummer!).
2. Sliding moon roof. My car stickered at over $37K, that should have included a moon roof.
3. Rear window wiper. The angle of the rear glass is such that a light sprinkle of rain will render it useless. A wiper blade would be very handy.
4. Wheel controls. My wife has a 2010 Mazda 3s and the buttons and controls on the steering wheel are fantastic! Isn't Mazda and Ford sharing technology? Hey Ford guys, take a look at the wheel of a $18K Mazda!
5. Console Bin. It's nice that all the ports for electronic devices are hidden in the rear compartment, but once and a while I like to have my mp3 player and phone in view while connected. A port that allows the wires to enter the cupholder without being pinched by the cover would be nice.

I know a lot of this is nitpicking, but I think my Mustang is on the threshold of perfection. Hey Ford, it's not too much to ask to push it over the top!!!

Have I left anything out??
Old 12-04-2009, 09:21 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I personally don't think the rear wiper blade would look good on a Mustang. That item is more for luxury or SUVs than for sports cars.
I don't look out my back window anyway. I'm so used to driving trucks with no back window I get used to using my side mirrors.
Try mounting rear louvers. It will help some, but get hinged alumninum.

There are aftermarket companies out there that will install you a moon roof if you want one bad enough.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:31 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

same here...

but i would have loved a moonroof.

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I don't look out my back window anyway.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:47 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
same here...

but i would have loved a moonroof.
I had an '82 GT that had the T-top roof. It was like having a vert and a coupe all in one. Lots of fun riding with the windows out.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:51 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i may have to buy another vehicle, just
so i can have the stupid moon roof that
i've always wanted.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't buy a car with a moon roof if you held a gun to my head.. They all eventually have problems, all of them... Rear wiper blade? On Mustang? crazy....
Old 12-04-2009, 09:57 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

don't stomp on my dream lol

some day i'll have one.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:26 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

4. What are you talking about? Mine has steering wheel controls for the radio and cruise control and stuff (2010 Premium 401). Do you mean the button placement? Or does yours just not have the buttons at all?

5. I wish they'd orient the USB port in a downward direction. I've nearly broke the USB stick off a couple times. I'm going to get either a USB angle adapter or a smaller USB stick. I've read that the F150s have the same head unit, and it has a 2nd usb port on the rear. Not sure if ours have that port or not, but if so it would be cool to run an extension into the glove box.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

- I had a moonroof in my last car, Infiniti G35, and it was cool but I just don't feel like this car needs one.
- My steering wheel has controls on the right and left, cruise control and a bunch of radio controls including sync.
- I think a rear wiper would like odd on the back of the clean look of our car. I owned a Jetta for my first car and was a member of vwvortex and many people ended up shaving the wiper off the back of their Golf/GTI/R32.
- The only thing that I would of liked to have in this car is a close ratio 6 speed, the 5 speed just feels a little old school for the amount of technology in this car.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

+1 on the louvers they would really help you out. i had some on my old V6 and never had any issues seeing out the back because of them

Quick Reply: Not Complaining, But....