Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would anyone be interested?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:04 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Default Would anyone be interested?

I have a small business starting up and I'm deciding on what all additional services we will offer. It is a car customization shop. Mainly we will do body kits, bolt ons, custom tuning, appearance mods (black out lights), custom audio systems, and like such things. Additionally we will be trying to make custom pieces on request.

The reason for the thread though, is wondering about custom airbrushing. Everybody tends to like it, but typically it is expensive as h*ll. So we would be offering custom airbrushing for relatively cheap. Looking at things like, badges, various engine covers, radiator covers, etc. Would this be something you guys would be interested in? It would be starting up in the middle of next month. Thanks!

(had to throw these guys in...they looked so happy)
Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 AM
FreshPuck
1st Gear Member

there's definitely a market for airbrushing, just gotta get some good people on board with you. if youre looking for a test car, let me know!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:00 AM
rford426
4th Gear Member

x2 on the test car haha
Good luck with your business I want to open up the same thing on the side of being a fireman! Good Luck
Old 12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
07GT/CSVERT
1st Gear Member

where about in NY are you starting your bussiness, would love to find a place closer to me that does great work especially tuning.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:07 PM
GerRod
2nd Gear Member

Nice business. I'd love to do that.

Air brushing is very common on motorcycles. Might want to consider painting them as well.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:11 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Cheap custom airbrushing?
You will be over run with customers if you are any good.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:21 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

would love to see it
Old 12-05-2009, 07:48 PM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

looks like you could use someone to get your name out.. pm me.. ill let you know what i can do.. so you know.. i am running NMRA this year.. and local tracks mir, atco, capital..
Old 12-07-2009, 03:44 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

It'll be early January before I can get any show items. I'll likely give out a few freebees to get the name out... You pay for shipping and the item and get free paint. I'll post a new thread when the time comes.

Another quick question I have is what do you consider as good pricing....we'll say for a radiator cover? There's only shop in my area that does custom airbrush work, and they wanted $3500+ for a custom painted rad cover...I personally think that is ludicris...and would not pay it or charge it. But what do you guys think would be an approrpiate pricing for a fully custom painted radiator cover? (price including rad cover and paint) thanks!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 AM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

i think this is fair
http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/in...roducts_id=208
but if you were to be able to go lower, then as said before you would have a VERY long line of customers, myself included. maybe not even have it customed, but just a ford color, say g9, painted would be nice, i think the one from midwest is like $160 and that is a decent price for basic paint work if you thought about going that direction too

Quick Reply: Would anyone be interested?