Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:38 PM
EpicTrifecta

Exclamation Buying Advice

I could really use some opinions on a couple mustangs.The first one i just recently found I like the look on the outside but love the look on the inside.

#1http://tinyurl.com/ykchlk7

The second one is one that is closer to me in traveling distance I have actually test drove this one twice I really like the exterior but just like the interior. The price on this one is more also.

#2http://tinyurl.com/yjuzerl

So I guess what Im asking is what are do you think about the fairness of the prices. I know I know get which one I like best, I just could use some opinions from people that have actually bought one and know what im looking at.Ive never puchased a vehicle before ive been driving a 91 ford explorer for 6 years.

thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 01:07 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Personally I'd say go with #2...it only has 13000 miles, and looks nicer IMO. It would still have the warranty on it as well. #1 has 67000 miles so it's warranty would be over.

If the thing that's really catching your eye about #1 is the seats...you can get new leathers from Katskin.com to make them look like whatever you want...different materials, different colors, different designs...etc. for relatively cheap.

Good luck!!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:07 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I would definatly take the second one. 13,000 miles, hell it is almost brand new. I dont really care for the body kit, but it is MUCH better than the red interior, IMO. Try to talk em down a bit, but I dont think it is a bad price. Others will disagree, I'm sure.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:10 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

a friend of a friend just bought a used 2007 GT premium with 12k miles for $16k. when you buy from a dealer, it's always a little more expensive, so i think on both of these you could talk them down a bit on the price. but heres how i see each mustang:

mustang #1:
white is good for DD, but the red interior isn't the greatest to me.
it's pretty plain looking, but that's ok, the price is good.
the mileage is decent for the year.

mustang #2:
i like the looks of this one much better, but black is difficult to keep clean.
it's more expensive, but mileage is real low.

IMO, mustang #2 is better. (assuming they both run well)
Old 12-08-2009, 02:12 PM
EpicTrifecta

Thanks for the replies, yes the thing I liked about #1 was the interior. I didn't really care much about the red either I just seem it looked spiffy. #2 I have test driven twice and loved it each time. Everyone I talk to about it says it is way too expensive though. I suppose the price seems reasonable just because I like it so much. They list a different internet mileage for some reason it actually has around 14k miles. I just hope i can negotiate a lower price.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

#2 definately, only $3000 more for 53,000 less miles, by far a better buy
Old 12-08-2009, 08:26 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

#2 for all the above reasons..
Old 12-09-2009, 04:15 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

The internet listinf og 13000 miles was what was on it when they got it...the actual 14000 miles is from people test driving it and what not. And if you do the research you'll see that dealerships always get more from used cars than new ones...they can mark up the price more. That also means more play in them negotiating with you. I would say the price is slightly high, but given the miles it is justified I think. I also believe that you would be able to talk them down a few thousand also though. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:00 PM
EpicTrifecta

I got a monthly payment quote of $286 on #2 , yes im so happy. My next check is gonna go towards the insurance and then im gonna apply for the car loan.!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:31 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I am partial to the red leather, I have those myself, but I am not particular to white because I had a white 4 banger for 11 years. Aside from aesthetics, the mileage is way too high. Looks like #2 has already been modded, at least from the outside. You should take a look and see if any of the mechanics have. TBH though, if the #2 does not have leather seats, it is not a premium. I am not sure if that matters to you, but #1 is. Also look to see if there are other packages installed, like security, comfort, etc. (comfort can't be installed with cloth).

It really depends on if this is what you want. IMO, I would keep looking until the right choice came up, from these 2 picks it looks like you might have just started looking. I don't know what features you are looking for or what is important to you, but #1 definitely has too much mileage. When I was on the market, I knew exactly what I wanted, but then Grabber orange, screaming yellow are rarities in this area so I settled for color choice #3. Black was choice #2 and looks awesome if you keep it clean. Not to sound like a scrooge, but take your time and make the right choice. The mustang will become your baby

Last edited by alkemist; 12-11-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Buying Advice