Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Advice Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:04 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
If you can afford to, keep the truck. You'll be less pissed off being hit or hitting something with the truck than with the Stang. Rust is rust. Salt and chemicals accelerate rust. Drive your car in it and you'll see the signs within a few years especially on the chassis. Pressure wash it or rinse it all you want; you can't get rid of it all.
+1^^

Keep the truck if you can. You don't want to wreck your stang and send it to the body shop to see a quarter of it cut off. It is not a very pleasant sight. This is what happens when you drive your stang in winter and get unlucky.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by alkemist
+1^^

Keep the truck if you can. You don't want to wreck your stang and send it to the body shop to see a quarter of it cut off. It is not a very pleasant sight. This is what happens when you drive your stang in winter and get unlucky.

What!!
They went into the roofline?!?!
That's one dumb *** shop there. They gained themselves at least twice the amount of work that it should have taken,

I hope they won't hack that job for you...
Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
What!!
They went into the roofline?!?!
That's one dumb *** shop there. They gained themselves at least twice the amount of work that it should have taken,

I hope they won't hack that job for you...
Not to go OT from the OP, but yeah.. I was really shocked when I walked in there. Ummmm, this isn't looking good. Maybe asking them to install louvers isn't such a good idea either. Makes me want to go back on the market and find another one. Save me Pascal

Last edited by alkemist; 01-04-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:41 AM
pentavolvo
2nd Gear Member

IMO wait the year till you are done with school and can afford 2 cars. I waited till I was a few months from being done with school and had my job offer that I was taking all setup already before I bought my 05 GT
Old 01-05-2010, 04:51 PM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
IMO wait the year till you are done with school and can afford 2 cars. I waited till I was a few months from being done with school and had my job offer that I was taking all setup already before I bought my 05 GT
That is for sure the smart thing to do. When I get out of school I already have a job lined up. I am going to work for my parents. Problem is that whole waiting thing sucks though. I have literally 6 close friends who all have mustangs. 4 are 03-04 cobras, one 99 svt cobra and a 03 or 04 mach one. It sucks waiting plus having a mustang my last year of college would be nice. Maybe I could wait till summer is almost over and get a new 2010. I am going to go play the damn lottery haha
Old 01-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Skip the '10. The '11 will have 412 or so stock crank HP compared to the '10s 315.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:19 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

i would wait for the new 5.0 to come out since ur so close. 412 compared to 300 is much better. As im sure the price tag will be comparable to that of a camaro for all the goodies. It will be interesting to see what they will sell that for. Im guessing stickered at 34 to 36k for it. What do u guys thing
Old 01-05-2010, 06:21 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by joutcelt
i would wait for the new 5.0 to come out since ur so close. 412 compared to 300 is much better. As im sure the price tag will be comparable to that of a camaro for all the goodies. It will be interesting to see what they will sell that for. Im guessing stickered at 34 to 36k for it. What do u guys thing
I'm anticipating around that price range too.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:21 PM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

Yeah I would find it hard to believe that they would charge more than the Camaro. That is a 6.1 liter engine and has 426 horse power so I would think that it would be better to stay under the Camaro. Plus it looses that affordable sports car appeal if it goes any higher than $36000-$40,000 loaded. But what do I know that is just my 2 cents. When is the 5.0 supposed to hit the public? does anyone know?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:57 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangRider89
Yeah I would find it hard to believe that they would charge more than the Camaro. That is a 6.1 liter engine and has 426 horse power so I would think that it would be better to stay under the Camaro. Plus it looses that affordable sports car appeal if it goes any higher than $36000-$40,000 loaded. But what do I know that is just my 2 cents. When is the 5.0 supposed to hit the public? does anyone know?
Don't know for sure yet, but I'm thinking in the Spring.. Any higher in price range and your creeping up to a GT500, so yeah. Hopefully Ford will put very attractive prices on the 2011.

Quick Reply: Winter Advice Needed.