Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debadging?

Old 07-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Murphyd311

Default Debadging?

I did a search and couldn't find anything on debadging. Are they rivetted on or just held on with adhesive (the gt emblems)? Does anyone have any side pics of a GT without the emblem?

Old 07-22-2005, 12:42 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Debadging?

I took mine off since since I changed grilles, decided not to use it again though and so put it away in my garage.

It is clipped on by small plastic screws (they are probably not called screws but I dont know what they are called!) - I had to clip them and break them off to get the pony off, its still usable again as you can use special glue/3M to stick it.......you will need to take the radiator cover off and clip them from behind the grille.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:02 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Nick,

I think he is talking about the GT emblem on the side of each front fender. I think you are talking about the grill. At least that is the way that I read it. Just an observation.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:10 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I have never had the emblems off an '05 but on the pre-'05 cars, the fender logos have 2 "pins" that go into holes in the fender for alignment. The GT logo on the trunk is just stuck on but the Ford logo on the other side of the trunk also has "pins".

I imagine that your fender logos will have the same "pins".

If you want to find out for yourself. Just heat them up with a hairdryer or park it in the sun for awhile and use a piece of fishing line to "cut" the adhesive between the emblem and the body. They can be stuck back on easily enough if you don't like it and the adhesive comes off easily with goo gone.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

the V6s have nothing on the fender if you want to see what it would look like bare.

ORIGINAL: Murphyd311

I did a search and couldn't find anything on debadging. Are they rivetted on or just held on with adhesive (the gt emblems)? Does anyone have any side pics of a GT without the emblem?

Old 07-22-2005, 03:22 PM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

the GT emblems for sale on eBay appear to be flat which would lead me to think they are just stick on. my 94GT had a hole there so i left them on.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:47 PM
BadHenry

There are two pins on the GT emblems, you can see in the picture. The GT emblems are held on with adhesive. It will leave two holes in the fender if you remove them.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Murphyd311

Yeah the side GT emblems were what I was refering to. It looks like it probably wont be worth it to try to debadge.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I'm looking for a factory 05 GT badge (1).

I have the custom TRex Grill.... I put the horse back on - but mounted it low so I had room to add a GT above it. NOW I need the GT part!
Old 07-22-2005, 05:14 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

I'm looking for a factory 05 GT badge (1).

I have the custom TRex Grill.... I put the horse back on - but mounted it low so I had room to add a GT above it. NOW I need the GT part!
They are cheap as dirt from Ford but how are you going to attach it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Debadging?