Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 GT order sheet

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:55 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

Congrats!

I cant wait to start seeing pics and forum member reviews on the 2011.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

That 3.15 gear may not be too bad. I read on the thread by FordEngineer that he felt first gear on the auto was very short on the car he was driving. Combine a short 1st gear with the torque multiplication of the converter and it may launch pretty nice.

I know my 4.6 with the 5 speeed stick would suck wind with a 3.15 - but the 5.0 and a short 1st gear auto may be okay.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:30 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

The 6-speed auto's first is like 4.xx. It's a REALLY low gear. I can see why the rear end is the way it is. 4.10's on there would be insane.

Insanely fun that is!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:10 AM
kierankelly
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
40.2K for a Mustang GT. Holy cow. I remember when they were half that fully loaded.

I now kind of hate to think about what a new Boss 302 would cost if they make one for 2012. The idea to buy a used 2010 Shelby GT500 (for < 40K I hope - I think that's possible in 2 years or less) sure sounds real good right now.

If it were me, I'd drop the auto and get the Brembos instead.
The price tag is scaring me as well, but I have a third of it covered in a down payment, so the financing shouldn't be too bad. Plus, it's a car I've wanted for a while and plan on keeping for a while. Worth it to me.

I'd love to drop the Auto, but there is just way too much traffic on my daily commute for that to be worth it. Plus, the GF would never learn to drive stick and she'll be driving the Stang every once in a while.

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
I would drop the appearance and wheels package. Thats just because I think other companys make better body stuff (i.e Roush and others) and I prefer smaller wheels.
I like the Ford stuff. Don't know why, but I do. The 19s look great on there and I don't want to get too crazy with appearance mods. I know i'll get the itch eventually, but I'm starting out with just a few additions.

Originally Posted by FastDEW
That 3.15 gear may not be too bad. I read on the thread by FordEngineer that he felt first gear on the auto was very short on the car he was driving. Combine a short 1st gear with the torque multiplication of the converter and it may launch pretty nice.

I know my 4.6 with the 5 speeed stick would suck wind with a 3.15 - but the 5.0 and a short 1st gear auto may be okay.
Now that you mention it, I remember reading that now. Hopefully it won't be too noticeable. Would have loved to driven one first, but I guess the first time I'll drive one will be when I drive mine off the lot.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
sneakypeter11

Congrats man. No sooner did I drive my '10 off the lot and they were already announcing a 5.0 with 97 more hp and 65 more lb/ft torque, while allegedly retaining the same mpg. I have to say I am a little jealous! But I will still love my '10 for years to come and appreciate the new 5.0. I'm sure you will have a blast with your '11 despite the fact that its auto!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:49 AM
itsokimapilot
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kierankelly
The price tag is scaring me as well, but I have a third of it covered in a down payment, so the financing shouldn't be too bad. Plus, it's a car I've wanted for a while and plan on keeping for a while. Worth it to me.

I'd love to drop the Auto, but there is just way too much traffic on my daily commute for that to be worth it. Plus, the GF would never learn to drive stick and she'll be driving the Stang every once in a while.

I like the Ford stuff. Don't know why, but I do. The 19s look great on there and I don't want to get too crazy with appearance mods. I know i'll get the itch eventually, but I'm starting out with just a few additions.

Now that you mention it, I remember reading that now. Hopefully it won't be too noticeable. Would have loved to driven one first, but I guess the first time I'll drive one will be when I drive mine off the lot.
Okay Kieran, take what I'm telling you (I'm an a-hole I know) with a grain of salt and maybe a beer or two. Check it out, number 1 she is your girlfriend, not wife. If she doesn't want to learn to drive a stick that is a win for you. You don't have to worry about her effing up your nice new car. Number 2, since she is your girlfriend you guys are setting the standard for your marriage if you do decide to tie the knot. Put your foot down, be a man and tell her what's up. She may get pissed but better to learn as your girlfriend than as your wife. Who wears the pants? Number 3, the manual in the 2010 is about the easiest manual I've ever had period. I drive in stop and go traffic every day for 30 minutes each way. It is easy to get used to. Number 4, she is your girlfriend. If she was worth it she would be loving you up telling you how awesome you are, yadda, yadda, yadda and afterwards telling you that you deserve the car of your choice. If this isn't happening, then you might as well hand her your ***** now cause she has already laid claim to them. Good luck bro.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:03 PM
kierankelly
1st Gear Member

I appreciate the response and comments, and I do take them with a grain of salt, but in the end, it really is just easier to do this the way I'm doing it.

I made the choice on the Auto for the simple convenience of it, both driving myself and when she drives it.

Not going to get all bent out of shape because I don't have a stick shift.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:10 PM
itsokimapilot
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kierankelly
I appreciate the response and comments, and I do take them with a grain of salt, but in the end, it really is just easier to do this the way I'm doing it.

I made the choice on the Auto for the simple convenience of it, both driving myself and when she drives it.

Not going to get all bent out of shape because I don't have a stick shift.
Awesome! It will be a sweet car. I look forward to your pics and review!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:27 PM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

The Mustang purist have spoken.

Again, Congrats! Looking forward to reading about experieces!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:40 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

if you want the auto get the auto...hell goto the drag strips and the cars belting out the best times are mostly the autos with a tune.

Do what you want for you and to hell with the others...

Quick Reply: My 2011 GT order sheet