Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick turn signal problem question

Old 02-13-2010, 11:02 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default Quick turn signal problem question

I've had WebElectric sequentials in my car for nearly two years. About a month ago I had a bulb go out so I replaced it no problem. I didn't know about it until someone mentioned it, however, as the ticking sound the signals make sounded normal and the lights were still sequencing except for the bad bulb. Just now, my signal started ticking very fast, so I figured another bulb on the same side went out. But when I got off my car after getting home to check it, the three bulbs are lighting up but none of them are flashing! The passenger side lights work just fine, but the others are not. So before I get in there and start switching out bulbs, I wanted to check and see if anyone can tell me if it sounds like just another bulb went out or maybe something else? Thanks.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:10 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

sounds like a bulb problem but could be something wrong with the harness. Buy a new bulb and precede down the line swapping it with each one and see what happens first. did you send them your factory harness back?
Old 02-13-2010, 11:22 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
sounds like a bulb problem but could be something wrong with the harness. Buy a new bulb and precede down the line swapping it with each one and see what happens first. did you send them your factory harness back?
Yes, I did send them back. Now I kinda realize I should have kept them because what good is a lifetime warranty on a part that you have to send in when you are legally required to have it on your car? I wished I'd have thought that through before I sent them back for whatever the refund was.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:28 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

$30 sounds good thats why lol...i did the same with mine but have not had any issues yet. Hopefully its just a bulb not in the socket securely or something.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by VictoriaRR
Yes, I did send them back. Now I kinda realize I should have kept them because what good is a lifetime warranty on a part that you have to send in when you are legally required to have it on your car? I wished I'd have thought that through before I sent them back for whatever the refund was.
Go buy a $5 test light and see if the power is going to the sequencers and if it
is coming out the other side in the proper sequence.
If not I would swap the sequencers from side to side and see if
the problem stays or follows the sequencer....
That will isolate any potential vehicle wiring problems from
any potential sequencer problems...

Electrical items that you have two of are easy to diagnose.
Just swap them and see if the problem follows or not.
I use this everyday to find electrical related problems...

Lawerence at WebElectric will work with you once you determine
that the sequencer is bad....
He is an awesome person to work with....
I had one of the first sets of sequencers for the 2009 Challenger from them....
Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
$30 sounds good thats why lol...i did the same with mine but have not had any issues yet. Hopefully its just a bulb not in the socket securely or something.
The other two bulbs on that side are still the stock ones. The one I replaced last month was stock, too. So hopefully it's just the bulbs gone bad after four years and almost 40,000 miles. I have an extra bulb so I'm going to try switching it out later in the day.

Originally Posted by 157db
Go buy a $5 test light and see if the power is going to the sequencers and if it
is coming out the other side in the proper sequence.
If not I would swap the sequencers from side to side and see if
the problem stays or follows the sequencer....
That will isolate any potential vehicle wiring problems from
any potential sequencer problems...

Electrical items that you have two of are easy to diagnose.
Just swap them and see if the problem follows or not.
I use this everyday to find electrical related problems...
Not to sound like a girl or anything (lol) but I have the slightest clue about what you're talking about when you say to check if the power is going to the sequencers and if it's coming out the other side.

Last edited by VictoriaRR; 02-13-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Is the bad side not blinking at all or is it that they're not sequencing on that side; just blinking like stock? If it's the later, try disconnecting the connector and spray both sides with contact cleaner. I had the problem where the one side was sequencing so fast that it looked almost like the stock flasher. Cleaning the contacts solved it for me.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:48 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Is the bad side not blinking at all or is it that they're not sequencing on that side; just blinking like stock? If it's the later, try disconnecting the connector and spray both sides with contact cleaner. I had the problem where the one side was sequencing so fast that it looked almost like the stock flasher. Cleaning the contacts solved it for me.
They're not flashing at all... I'm going to go check them out in just a few.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:59 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Did you check all the turn signal bulbs, including the front and sides? They're all on the same circuit, when one blows that changes how much power's being drawn, that's why normally your blinkers will click faster when one of the bulbs burns out. I imagine it could be that if one of the other bulbs on that side blew, the change in draw might be disabling the sequencer.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:04 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the information everyone. Luckily it turned out to just be a blown bulb. It wasn't a stock one though... it was one of the Sylvannnias I'd replaced a couple years ago. The gray connector piece looked a bit burned. I swapped it out and they're working normally again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick turn signal problem question