Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FRPP 4.6L 3V intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Fresh_GT
2nd Gear Member

Default New FRPP 4.6L 3V intake manifold

Anyone have any new information on when/if this thing is gonna be available. I plan on getting cams and delete plates soon, but I would much rather pick up one of these bad boys.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11478

Last edited by Fresh_GT; 03-11-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I planning on cams and a new manifold together. Makes it so you cant strap on a twin screw but you can still turbo or centri sc it. One thing about this one is its the same material as the stock manifold so it's lighter than the C&L which is aluminum. I would hold off on the delete plates as the new manifold might delete them all together.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Fresh_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
I would hold off on the delete plates as the new manifold might delete them all together.
I had originally thought that this new intake manifold replaced the CMCVs just like the C&L intake, but now I'm not sure.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

Whoa that thing looks sick! Way better than the initial pics I saw awhile back. I hope it is available soon.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Rik08GTvert
1st Gear Member

awesome looking. but i think id rather hold off cuz i really want a twin screw. if i wasnt then id get the manifold!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Fresh_GT
2nd Gear Member

It sure looks like the FRPP intake manifold replaces the CMCVs. The injectors seem to mount much higher than the stock manifold.

FRPP intake manifold:

CnL: (known to replace the CMCVs)

stock (pics thanks to TacoBill)

Old 03-12-2010, 01:53 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I like the C&L one better... cams and either manifold would be a killer set up.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:32 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I like the C&L one aswell but the FRPP offer's a lighter and easier on the pocket book alternative not to mention I think it looks better, I am very much interested in checking it out. The FRPP MSRP is 150 less than the C&L at brenspeed and 200 less than AM. Spoke with brenspeed about a setup with ported heads, nsr cams, FRPP 62mm TB, and the C&L with basic bolt on's would put you somwhere in 350+rwhp range. However they did also say that adding the heads is tough to jutify the cost since they would only give maybe 20-30rwhp. The TB is pretty expensive and does not add much maybe 2-4 RWHP until your in the 400RWHP range then it gives you a bit more but since FRPP is making that and using oem components and it looks real nice all polished up with the Ford Racing logo I like it. I'm thinking with nsr cams, manifold, TB, LT's and a paxton or vortec would be a pretty nice setup just gonna have to keep working 60hrs a week. Granted the cost is similar to just slapping on a TS but seems like it would be more fun to me to do it this way. For me working on it and then testing the upgrades afterwards is half the fun.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Chromestang67
1st Gear Member

The ford racing intake looks much better than the factory plastic. Just save a little more $$$ and get a turbo/supercharger & your stang will scream.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
iDance
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chromestang67
The ford racing intake looks much better than the factory plastic. Just save a little more $$$ and get a turbo/supercharger & your stang will scream.
It's also plastic.

Quick Reply: New FRPP 4.6L 3V intake manifold