Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Critique my proposed 2011 order.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sdsguy
after having leather seats in my 05 V6, i don't think i want to go down to cloth. but that's personal preference.

i'd choose a different color (sterling gray) but again, personal preference.
Its a daily driver that sits in the sun a lot. I really dont like trying to keep leather up under those conditions. Its also easier to stay in cloth seats going around corners (Im not ALL straight line)

Tel me about the color.
First I decided on Sterling then decided it was to dark (My 07 is Tungsten).
Second I decided on Ingot Silver and then decided it was to light.
Third decided on Grabber Blue then decided I didnt like it because its a shade darker than 1970.
Fourth decided on Ebony. Then decided it was to hard to take care of.
Fifth saw Race Red and said Wow! Then decided it attracted to much attention.
Sixth decided on Kona Blue and then decided it was to dark.
Dont like Blaze Yellow. To goldish,
Had a Candy Red Once. Drove me nuts with constant chips and trying to match it. Swore never again.

That leaves Performance White...
Old 03-16-2010, 08:48 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
Its a daily driver that sits in the sun a lot. I really dont like trying to keep leather up under those conditions. Its also easier to stay in cloth seats going around corners (Im not ALL straight line)

Tel me about the color.
Third decided on Grabber Blue then decided I didnt like it because its a shade darker than 1970.
Had a Candy Red Once. Drove me nuts with constant chips and trying to match it. Swore never again.

i think with this order you will be COMPLETELY satisfied. it really sounds like you've put incredible thought in your order and doubt you will have buyers remorse (either wanting an option or deleting one)

the reason i like sterling is because it is dark. from the time i sold my 05, i've wanted a charcoal grey or dark grey mustang, with some dark tints i thought it would really set the car off especially since the pony emblem will have that black chrome look to it.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sdsguy
i think with this order you will be COMPLETELY satisfied. it really sounds like you've put incredible thought in your order and doubt you will have buyers remorse (either wanting an option or deleting one)

the reason i like sterling is because it is dark. from the time i sold my 05, i've wanted a charcoal grey or dark grey mustang, with some dark tints i thought it would really set the car off especially since the pony emblem will have that black chrome look to it.
I really like the Tungsten on my 2007. I even like the purple tint it gets in the sun. So I know where your coming from. I think Sterling is just to close to the Alloy I passed on when I bought the Tungsten. I actually went to buy the Alloy but the identical speced Tungsten setting beside it followed me home instead.

I know I over analyze everything. But the chase is more than half the fun. I really think color is my least locked down choice. I even went and looked at a couple of Focus sitting side by side in Sterling and Ingot so I would know what the colors both looked like in comparison to each other in the real world (They look like they would be perfect if they were mixed.)
Old 03-16-2010, 09:48 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
Tel me about the color.

For a daily, I'd say Performance White is a good bet. My car has the luxury of sleeping in a garage all day, and comes out for nice weather. Black is a bad daily driver color, its ALWAYS dirty.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 65Raven65
For a daily, I'd say Performance White is a good bet. My car has the luxury of sleeping in a garage all day, and comes out for nice weather. Black is a bad daily driver color, its ALWAYS dirty.
Yes but Im having to clean the drool off my desk from looking at that spoilerless posterior of yours.... errrrr.... maybe I better rephrase that.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Not a fan of white, but other than that, nice!

Mine's a base GT as well with the 3.55's. I wish I'd have had the foresight to research the ornamentation pkg, as I'm sure I could get a fleet # as well, working at the dealership. My VIN has been assigned, so there's no going back now!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:41 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Yes, I'm aware of the 300A being the deluxe equivalent and your choice of white is cool, but if Ingot Silver(my new fav 2011 color) is too light, what does that make white? Word of waring, the cloth material gets dirty fast and frays quickly too with daily use(I detail cars on the side) and cloth gets sooty(and smelly) if you don't vacuum it frequently as you'd vacuum the carpeting. I'm not a fan of Ford's choice of material in their cloth interiors, but if you don't like the leather, you're SOL. So what's gonna be your first mod? I'd say an aluminum drive-shaft, some rear drag wheels & tires and new rear upper/lower control arms and let 'er rip at the track!(low 12's is what I'd hope to see if the hp is as advertised with the above mods & a good driver). So have you ordered it yet?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05gtdriver
Yes, I'm aware of the 300A being the deluxe equivalent and your choice of white is cool, but if Ingot Silver(my new fav 2011 color) is too light, what does that make white? Word of waring, the cloth material gets dirty fast and frays quickly too with daily use(I detail cars on the side) and cloth gets sooty(and smelly) if you don't vacuum it frequently as you'd vacuum the carpeting. I'm not a fan of Ford's choice of material in their cloth interiors, but if you don't like the leather, you're SOL. So what's gonna be your first mod? I'd say an aluminum drive-shaft, some rear drag wheels & tires and new rear upper/lower control arms and let 'er rip at the track!(low 12's is what I'd hope to see if the hp is as advertised with the above mods & a good driver). So have you ordered it yet?
I really like the Tungsten on my car and the Sterling and Ingot just seem like poor substitutes (Personal Taste). So I decided on a clean break.

Im well aware of the cloth interior. Its in the 2007 in my sig.

Ill be satisfied If I can get at least a 0.5 second improvement stock over my CAI/Tune 2007 both on stock tires. Until Ive driven the car I cant say for sure but I suspect the first three mods will be; 1. tune to delete skip shift, eliminate torque management, improve throttle response, disable traction control, add at least 2 degrees of timing for 93, larger air intake, and 250 rpm bump of limiter. 2. Air Intake if factory is under 1000 cfm. 3. Axle Back to tune sound to my liking. This will likely be made easier by the Resonators.

Got to get time to shop my trade. Dealer that offers highest trade wins (SInce my purchase price is fixed),

Im also having second thoughts about the ordering the DOP. It kind of detracts from the purity of the car. I dont have it on my '07 and I dont really miss it. Of course my '89 LX had it because it was standard.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:43 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I dunno, the leather wrapped steering wheel in the DOP will be worth the extra cash alone IMO, the basic Ford steering wheel is funky(lol)
Best of luck
Old 03-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05gtdriver
I dunno, the leather wrapped steering wheel in the DOP will be worth the extra cash alone IMO, the basic Ford steering wheel is funky(lol)
Best of luck
Its the same as the "Funky" Wheel in my 2007 isnt it? I dont think they changed the base wheel for the 2010/2011 model but I havnt looked since I saw my wheel in the original spyshots of the base 2010

Quick Reply: Critique my proposed 2011 order.