Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Pre-Ordering the 2011

Old 03-29-2010, 01:31 PM
royale
1st Gear Member

Default Questions about Pre-Ordering the 2011

I m not sure if these questions have been answered before, but since I am new to the forums and also new to pre-ordering, I have a few questions I want to verify with the forum before I take the word of my local dealership.

1. Does pre-ordering commit you to buying the vehicle? (The dealership said no, since the sale isn't final)
2. Can the price of the vehicle/ finance options be negotiated after the vehicle has been pre-ordered?
3. Does the dealership usually give you an estimated price at the time of the pre-order?

I am hoping to get these questions answered so I can determine if its a good idea to shop around from dealership to dealership for better deals. I m also on a limbo as far as how the MCA edition mustang will turn out with the stripes. I have previously purchased a brand new 2006 through Ford's Xplan website, but I had no idea that it came with stripes. I wasn't too happy with it at first, but I just lived with it until it got totaled recently

I appreciate everyone's help on this!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:24 PM
mfbris

If you order one you re usually required to put a deposit down anywhere from $100 to $1000, depends on the dealer.
My guess is if you cancel the order you do not get that money back.

The dealer will be able to tell you the exact cost at that time.
I would print off the 2011 Price List, it has all the price information you need. You can use that to negeotiate your offer. If you decide to buy once you sign the paperwork that is the final price.
Financing I beleive can be arranged at that time.
You will also be to take advantage of rebates or special offers that are available when you take delivery of the car.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:57 PM
BlackDeath3

I can't really answer your questions, as I've never bought a car before (definitely not a new one!), but my condolences to you and your totaled Mustang
Old 03-29-2010, 04:16 PM
royale
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfbris
If you order one you re usually required to put a deposit down anywhere from $100 to $1000, depends on the dealer.
My guess is if you cancel the order you do not get that money back.

The dealer will be able to tell you the exact cost at that time.
I would print off the 2011 Price List, it has all the price information you need. You can use that to negeotiate your offer. If you decide to buy once you sign the paperwork that is the final price.
Financing I beleive can be arranged at that time.
You will also be to take advantage of rebates or special offers that are available when you take delivery of the car.
Well thanks for that input! So it turns out that my dealership wasn't giving me the whole scope on the deposit thing. Thats something I kind of assumed, but they kept playing it off and wanted me to go into their dealership floor to pre-order. In this case I will shop around a little and make sure I get a negotiated price I completely agree with before pre-ordering.

I will look around the forums and see if I can dig up the 2011 Price List.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:18 PM
royale
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackDeath3
I can't really answer your questions, as I've never bought a car before (definitely not a new one!), but my condolences to you and your totaled Mustang
Its okay The key is to not listen to your heart even though you want it so much and be a shrewd negotiator!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Get ready to get raped. I hear dealers are charging as much as $8k over MSRP for a 5.0! I hope that doesn't happen to you.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:42 PM
mfbris

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Get ready to get raped. I hear dealers are charging as much as $8k over MSRP for a 5.0! I hope that doesn't happen to you.
Not so.

If you run into that go to another Ford Dealer.
I got mine for a little more than $2000 off MSRP.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Not really. Sure.. if they smell a sucker.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Give me a shout. I'll order you one, if you don't mind coming to Vegas to pick it up.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 AM
royale
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam I am
Give me a shout. I'll order you one, if you don't mind coming to Vegas to pick it up.
Hey I go to Vegas all the time. Do you own a dealership out there? The only thing I m worried about is the complications with the registration back in CA and also those stupid special CA legistation taxes that they might back charge me on Is it tricky buying from NV and bringing it back to CA?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions about Pre-Ordering the 2011