Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, Skunk did not like her new shoes...No, No, NO!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 AM
scapegoat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
You aren't being a s.a., you bring up a very good point. Probably any tire would have lost traction in loose gravel, but I will tell you this......these stock wheels are not anything in the traction department compared to the Nittos. What is really scary is I had a similar incident on the interstate right after I put the new GT500 wheels on, and I was able to regain control of the vehicle. This time I was not so lucky. I would say this all happened because of 25% poor traction and 75% major user error.
sounds like you need to learn to better control the vehicle and your foot lol. glad you're ok. i'm fine with my 300 or so whp... i'm hoping i can refrain from getting myself in trouble when i finally boost it.

glad it's looking cosmetic. time to chill out on the street for you
Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

!!!!!!!!!!!! That sux!!! I totally understand how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you were not hurt!!! I did the same thing 2-wks after I bought my brand new 04 GT.....right in the ditch (no damage thank god)!!!! Any damage to the suspension or under carriage?????
Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scapegoat
sounds like you need to learn to better control the vehicle and your foot lol. glad you're ok. i'm fine with my 300 or so whp... i'm hoping i can refrain from getting myself in trouble when i finally boost it.

glad it's looking cosmetic. time to chill out on the street for you
I do tend to have a bit of a lead foot, lol. Perhaps coincidence, but I've owned this car 4 years. I never had occurrences like this before, and I still drive the same.
Originally Posted by StowesStang
!!!!!!!!!!!! That sux!!! I totally understand how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you were not hurt!!! I did the same thing 2-wks after I bought my brand new 04 GT.....right in the ditch (no damage thank god)!!!! Any damage to the suspension or under carriage?????
From my guestimation it looks ok, but I'll soon find out.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:43 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Shella, it looks like you got off easy with nothing more than paint & body work so thank God for that because it could of been far worst for you and the car. I'm very glad you or anyone else was not hurt. And don't worry you will be doing the "happy dance" the day you get her back from the body shop and she is all new again!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

That SUCKS! Glad you are ok, make sure you post lots of pictures when you do get it fixed up

Hard to say, but it is just a car, and the fact that you and no one else was hurt is the good thing.

The car can be fixed
Old 04-06-2010, 11:41 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Shella, was not expecting to see something like this at all this morning. The main point here is that you weren't hurt and the car can be repaired. It looks mostly cosmetic so Im fairly certain Skunk will come out OK and with probably a few little unexpected add-ons. Again, happy you ar all right.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:46 AM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

Sorry for your loss... can we get a moment of silence please....

ok, cant wait to see the new...look, do i see a new hood coming....
Old 04-06-2010, 11:50 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

glad you were not hurt SaddleUp, skunkster
just has a broken ankle and it will mend in time.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:54 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Shella, it looks like you got off easy with nothing more than paint & body work so thank God for that because it could of been far worst for you and the car. I'm very glad you or anyone else was not hurt. And don't worry you will be doing the "happy dance" the day you get her back from the body shop and she is all new again!
Considering the "joy ride" I took in the car....I would say you are RIGHT!!! I am so thankful to be ok! The more I think about it, the more I realize it could have been so much worse. A little setback, yes, but nothing that can't be repaired.
Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
That SUCKS! Glad you are ok, make sure you post lots of pictures when you do get it fixed up

Hard to say, but it is just a car, and the fact that you and no one else was hurt is the good thing.

The car can be fixed
Exactly Oddysey. I imagine my bodyshop man is already expecting to have many drop-in visits as he works on the car. He knows I am a bit nutty. Lol.
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Shella, was not expecting to see something like this at all this morning. The main point here is that you weren't hurt and the car can be repaired. It looks mostly cosmetic so Im fairly certain Skunk will come out OK and with probably a few little unexpected add-ons. Again, happy you ar all right.
Thank you Mellow. Appreciate the nice words.
Originally Posted by 06elnr
Sorry for your loss... can we get a moment of silence please....

ok, cant wait to see the new...look, do i see a new hood coming....
I sure wasn't silent afterwards. I cried and cried. Lol. I am such a wuss.
I am not certain if this hood can be repaired or not. The pictures are such poor quality, you can just barely see any damage at all to the current hood. There is a crack in the passenger side front lip. Either way....you have to know what hood is going back on Ol' Skunky..... hehe.....
Old 04-06-2010, 11:57 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
glad you were not hurt SaddleUp, skunkster
just has a broken ankle and it will mend in time.
More like a bloody nose as someone told me.... Thanks Hammeron. You think I could get a tiny whipple slipped on her during the mend?? :O

Quick Reply: Well, Skunk did not like her new shoes...No, No, NO!!!!