Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Learning the hard way

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Learning the hard way

Guys...

Don't be hard on Voodoo... I have 3 kids and could very well see all three of them making the same mistake.

My oldest son decided to replace the radio in his Ford Probe... He ended up prying out the old radio with a crow bar because he couldn't figure out how to remove it with a screw driver.. []

My daughter put Oil in the Radiator Overflow Reservoir because she noticed it was at the "ADD" mark.

My youngest son let hs car sit at a friends house for 8 days because the dash light fuze blew and he was afraid to drive it thinking it had a major electrical problem.

NOT everyone is "Mechanically Inclined"... I have a friend who is 45 years old... has 2 Masters Degrees and has to pay someone to change a door handle on his closet because he couldn't figure out how to do it himself.

I Commend Voodoo on trying to do it himself, knowing full well he was getting into something new. Everyone should be brave like he and so some stuff for themselves at least once to see if they can do it.

Also.. thanks Voodoo.. for warning others about the "sealed" transmission unit.... I knew about it reading the book.. but I know a LOT of people NEVER look at the book.. LOL.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:37 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

I knew about it reading the book.. but I know a LOT of people NEVER look at the book.. LOL.
Book? It comes with a book?
Old 08-02-2005, 06:46 PM
FemmeCanuck
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

Book? It comes with a book?

Hey, that's what I was going to say!!!!![sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 08-02-2005, 08:02 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

wasn't trying to be hard on voodoo or to poke fun...

I put a lot of effort into asking that in the nicest way possible, I commend anyone for attempting something that they have never tried before. It's the best way to learn.

Once I ran 3000 volts from left arm through my chest out my right arm cause I was holding the wrong part of a transformer and thought I could safely touch a certain wire. The part I was holding happened to be the ground for the wire I touched. Knocked me back about 8 ft. Taught me not to do that again! And that's just one of the stupid things I've ever done. (there are lots)
Old 08-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

And that's just one of the stupid things I've ever done. (there are lots)
We have lots of time [:@]

Hammy
Old 08-03-2005, 02:37 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

I have a GT. Manual trans. Drain for the trans is forward, bottom center. Fill hole is above it, passenger side, about half way. Nice thing is that are both operated with a 3/8" ratchet, no extensions, fitting, sockets needed. Pretty cool!

GO to your autoparts store. They have a pump to pump fluids. The one I purchased just fitts into a quart bottle and you pump away. Somewhere in $5.00 range. Bad part in my case, didn't quite fit the threads on Redline "D4" bottle. Also, recomend, you put in a 10% mix of "Tufoil" www.tufoil.com, I'm a total beleiver in both products. I firmly believe trans now shifts better.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:55 PM
voodoo612

ORIGINAL: algregory

I have a GT. Manual trans. Drain for the trans is forward, bottom center. Fill hole is above it, passenger side, about half way. Nice thing is that are both operated with a 3/8" ratchet, no extensions, fitting, sockets needed. Pretty cool!

GO to your autoparts store. They have a pump to pump fluids. The one I purchased just fitts into a quart bottle and you pump away. Somewhere in $5.00 range. Bad part in my case, didn't quite fit the threads on Redline "D4" bottle. Also, recomend, you put in a 10% mix of "Tufoil" www.tufoil.com, I'm a total beleiver in both products. I firmly believe trans now shifts better.
Now that's the post I was looking for, thanks.

[sm=signs007.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif][sm=signs007.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif][sm=signs007.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]
Old 08-04-2005, 02:28 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Do yourself a favor. Check out Redline "D4" and Tufoil. Been using Redline products for years, as also the Tufoil. Don't like being without either. I'm sure the tranny shifts better.

I put off change over to Redline in engine cause Redline recomended that I wait. Did at 4.6k Did cheat a wee bit, had to add a quart at 2.5k. Used Redline At 4.6k engine oil still looked pretty much full. Now at 5.6k, still looks pretty much full.

Talked to Tufoil months ago on the newcar thing. They said not to even think of putting Tufoil in car till 5k on the clock. Recomended a 10% mix in the trans. Tufoil is pretty heavy/viscous out of the bottle. I thought "how am going to get that in the trans?" At $40/guart you don't want to waste! I pumped part of the first Redline quart into the trans, poured the Tufoil into the quart, and by the time I pumped the trans to the lip of the hole, I figured the Tufoil had found a new home!