Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for Change?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
JonStolo

April fools was 27 days ago. You can't be seriously asing a bunch of Mustang guys if you should trade your stang for an import?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:51 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Jut buy a Prius
Old 04-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Well, you won't get too many votes for the Evo/STi on a Mustang forum. I had a pretty heavily modified WRX (2003) before my Mustangs though, and I'll tell you, that car was a total blast in the mountains. Neither Mustang GT I had, even the supercharged one, could have run with that WRX on a canyon road. That thing was like a scalpel with plenty of power on tap and all 4 wheels clawing at the turns. Therefore, I would say if you have an interest, go for it! There is huge aftermarket support support for both, and lots of fun to be had. I may buy another one someday, especially with us moving to Colorado in 6 weeks...

Last edited by Mudflap; 04-27-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

You ask this on a "MUSTANG" forum one names "MUSTANGFORUMS.com" even what answer do you expect? really?

but since you asked here
Sell it and let someone that actually likes cars have it
Old 04-27-2010, 05:44 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Leshrac
alot of tuner people are stuck up morons that think nos and streetglow can turn their car into a 10 sec musclecar killer...they dont care about the mechanics of their car, hell they prob arnt even proud of their cars unless everyone else is telling them its cool. I think most mustang people love their car no matter what other people say, I know I do.
Quite a few incorrect assumptions there.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

It'll never have the sound of a V8.

That said, AWD turbo cars are better overall cars (for winter use especially), and can be made very fast. And you don't need drag tires to launch them at the strip unless you're pushing some serious power. Not so with RWD.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
JonStolo

Also, as a nice point of reference check out "The Forum Wars" from Royal Purple. The Mustang still has the fastest lap on the autocross course. The clowns in the EVO and the STI were an embarassment and stand as typical representations of most of our experiances with tuners/ricers. Mostly talk and have no idea how to actually drive their cars properly, nevermind the fact that the cars are ugly as hell, way over priced and sound freaking ridiculous no matter what you do to them. One advantage though, you'll be the envy of every misinformed, pubescent male and frequently be acosted with comments like "duuuuuude, that car is totally sick yo!, I bet it will run a mad 10 second 1/4 mile like in Fast and Furious, yo!" Not trying to be a jerk, just busting your chops a bit, do what makes you happy.

http://theforumwars.tv/episodes.html

Last edited by JonStolo; 04-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

What it boils down to is you'll never get a "fair shake" on this board where anything other than a Mustang is concerned. There are plenty of Subaru/Mitsu enthusiasts taking their cars very seriously and doing only top quality modifications. The cars are a blast to drive, but you're never going to hear that on this board to any large extent.

Take it from someone who has had many "weekend toys" from Camaros and Mustangs, to 350Zs and WRXs, etc... the AWD/turbo cars are great fun, and honestly comparing them directly to a Mustang is a retarded concept in the first place. These are apples and oranges by definition. All of them have merits, and I don't see any as "better", but simply "different".
Old 04-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Certainly true. Although honestly Mudflap this place is much more "cosmopolitan" than many other forums I've seen on the web. We have all kinds here.

Lots of import drivers think mustangs are the biggest slow POS on the road. If you ask this type of question at an Evo forum, expect responses similar to that with the occasional person like Mudflap who has driven both and isn't necessarily a "hater".

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm a car guy. Not a Ford guy. Not a Chevy guy. To me, they are all driving machines and that's it.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
I can't speak for anyone else but I'm a car guy. Not a Ford guy. Not a Chevy guy. To me, they are all driving machines and that's it.
Amen bro. Hell, I don't even have a Mustang anymore, but I love cars. Right now my "toy" is a Jeep, but I know it won't be too incredibly long before the itch hits me again. Will it be a Mustang? Maybe, not really sure. It depends on what I'm feeling at the time, whenever the time may come.

Quick Reply: Time for Change?