Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction, and a question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Scott_T

Default Introduction, and a question

Hi Everyone,

First, a big "Thank You" to everyone here. I have learned a lot about my Mustang, and seeing so many beautiful cars here has given me inspiration for improving my car.

So, I have had my Torch Red 2005 GT for a little over a month now. Got a very nice deal on the 05 which had only 28,000 miles when I bought it, completely stock. Since purchasing I have made the following mods:

20% Window tint
JLT & SCT tuner combination from Brenspeed (running 93 tune)
10" white stripes, all the way down the bumpers in back and front
20" American Racing Shelby Razors, Gun Metal Grey
Shaker Hood Scoop (have it, just need to find some time to install it now)

I do plan on some more mods, but need to slow down a bit as I still need to feed my family

The next mod I definately want to make soon though is with the exhaust / mufflers. I want a more agressive deep sound that will remind me of some of the muscle cars that my friends and I had 20 years ago. At the same time, I want to do this without breaking the bank. I was thinking of just replacing the stock mufflers only to save some money at this point.

I have been looking around some and American Muscle has the Pypes Violators which seem to get a lot of reviews and are like half the price of most others. Can anyone who has these mufflers give me their opinions on them? Will I be bummed that I did not fo with something more expensive? I can swing the Violators now, but would have to wait a while for something that costs a lot more.

Also, I welcome any opinions on only swapping out the mufflers vs. putting in an entire new exhaust system (remember, trying to go on the inexpensive side a bit).

In the future I plan to go with new rear gears (probably 4:10), lower the car a bit, maybe some side window louvers, maybe side scoops. Among other things.

Again, very happy to have found this forum, and look forward to any advice anyone can give me. I need to take some pics of my car to post as well

Thanks!
Scott
Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Hey Scott welcome! This is what I posted for another guy on the forum. I have this set up on my car & sounds great!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a suggestion, what about muffler deletes?? I have the ones from pypes & the car sounds awesome!!! As long as you are not going with an off-road set up it will be perfect! Off-road x or H then the deletes get LOUD!! You even shave some weight!!

If I had to do again, I would just have a muffler shop eliminate the mufflers & save $$$$ as well. Good luck, bad *** M90!!

http://www.brenspeed.com/sfm62ss.html
Old 05-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Hey & post some pics!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Scott_T

Vader, Thank you, never thought about going that route - I will look into that option as well! Any downsides to going with Deletes vs. the Violators?

Promise to take some pics of my car and get them on here
Old 05-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Scott_T
Vader, Thank you, never thought about going that route - I will look into that option as well! Any downsides to going with Deletes vs. the Violators?

Promise to take some pics of my car and get them on here
The only set back I can think of is if down the line you decided to go with an off road (no cats) exhaust set up. A buddy of mine went that route & that car was extremely loud. However, eventually when I get my headers & mid pipe, I will go with a high flow cat, so I should be fine.

You won't be disapointed, the deletes makes the car sound awesome!

Mike
Old 05-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Scott_T

Vader, just looked up the Pypes Muffler Deletes and they are right around the same price as the violators so very do-able for me. This is definately an option I am considering now. Thanks again.

I don't plan on ever going with an off-road / no cats setup so no worries there.

Scott
Old 05-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

SLP loudmouths FTW.

no muffler, loud muscle sound.
does not drone, sounds subtle inside the car but outside sounds MEAN.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:27 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I really like the sound of the SLP Loudmouths on the GT's!!!!
You can purchase the SLP (Street Leagal Performance) Loudmouth axlebacks fairly inexpensive.
Go to youtube and type in "mustang slp loudmouth". =-)
Old 05-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Scott_T

Blacksmoke & Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. OK, so the Loudmouth axlebacks are still pretty inexpensive, only around $100 more than the Pypes Deletes or Pypes Violator mufflers. I will check out YouTube tonight when I get home from work to hear the sound. Very cool, thanks guys.

Scott
Old 05-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Scott_T

With the muffler deletes - I am assuming that whether I go with the Pypes or the SLP's, the sound is going to be much louder than with the Violators, or probably most other muffler setups as well. Am I correct in thinking this? A LOT louder? I like loud & aggressive, just dont want to have the neighbors hatin' me too much

Quick Reply: Introduction, and a question