Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Mod Decision

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:32 PM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

Default Help With Mod Decision

Need some opinions on the decision to add the Cervini's window scoops or not. My most recent mods are the CDC agressive chin, spoiler delete
and side scoops. The original plan was to do both sets of scoops and I have the window scoops painted and ready to go, but after I put the side scoops on I think it looks pretty good with out them. Please leave some feedback. Thanks!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:04 AM
NOLA26
2nd Gear Member

I love the car just like it is. The only window scoops I like are the flush mount ones like on the Cobra Jet. Just my opinion. I plan on the CDC aggressive and OEM side scoops soon. How hard was the install of the chin spoiner?
Old 05-09-2010, 01:02 AM
09cs
5th Gear Member

what scoops are they? I have the Cervini C-Series scoops and love them! They add a nice look to the car
Old 05-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Scott_T

Originally Posted by NOLA26
I love the car just like it is. The only window scoops I like are the flush mount ones like on the Cobra Jet. Just my opinion. I plan on the CDC aggressive and OEM side scoops soon. How hard was the install of the chin spoiner?
Have to agree, I love your car's look right now. That being said, I am thinking about going with both the side and window scoops for my car down the road...

You already own the side scoops and they are painted and ready to go? I would give them a try but your car does look great right now

Scott
Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 AM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NOLA26
Thanks! I like the Cobra Jet scoops also but I didn't want to mess with the glass, I am just not sure if my car would look better with no window scoops or with them. The CDC aggressive chin is a pain in the *** to fit to your bumper, just ask Pascal I think he even refuses to install them. That being said it can be done but mine didn't fit perfect and others I have seen are the same. Where mine wraps around the bumper into the wheel wells is not flush with the bumper and I have never been able to get flush. You will also need a strong stomach because there is quite a bit of cutting of the bumper required.

Originally Posted by 09cs
what scoops are they? I have the Cervini C-Series scoops and love them! They add a nice look to the car
The Scoops are C-Series

Originally Posted by Scott_T
Have to agree, I love your car's look right now. That being said, I am thinking about going with both the side and window scoops for my car down the road...You already own the side scoops and they are painted and ready to go? I would give them a try but your car does look great right now
I just might do that, I just didn't want to fight the 3m tape taking them off that stuff is a pain in the a** to get off.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:02 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Yea, I also like the look of your car without the scoops. The scoops along with the side scoops you already have might be a little overpowering.
I would like to see a rear spoiler on it though to balance the profile, specifically the front spoiler. A GT500 one would work well ?
Old 05-09-2010, 01:09 PM
David_Noxfroid
1st Gear Member

my opinion forget scoops, collect money for wheels and tires, they make huge difference
Old 05-09-2010, 05:15 PM
jmose77
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
Yea, I also like the look of your car without the scoops. The scoops along with the side scoops you already have might be a little overpowering.
I would like to see a rear spoiler on it though to balance the profile, specifically the front spoiler. A GT500 one would work well ?
I agree with the spoiler idea. I would like to do the CDC Ducktail the cervini's, but I need to deal with the holes on my deck lid first. I think I am leaning towards leaving them off. Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by David_Noxfroid
my opinion forget scoops, collect money for wheels and tires, they make huge difference
I have some wheels for sale and will sale mine once I get enough to buy some 2010 GT500 wheels. I love that hood in your sig the first one is that your car?