Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust- who's gone loud and come back to quiet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 03:19 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

+1 for putting the stingers back on

I've been running around with just stingers for a year and a half now. I love the tone but I'm ready to have a spitting animal. I like my exhaust loud, but I have to have a quality sound too... raspiness is not tolerated :P That's why I'm waiting until I have enough money to buy LT's, o/r Prochamber, and resonators at the same time.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 AM
effin' speedracer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yzf29
Idiot (me) UPDATE

I put the frikkin FRPP Stingers back on- the stock ehaust was TOO quiet.

I gues my fickle-ness is catching up with me...

At this point- thanks to all who have posted. Very cathartic for me. In the end - I end up where I am....
Gotta hear the exhaust...
Old 05-16-2010, 06:32 AM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

i just switched from stingers to corsas with my kooks LTs with catted H.

Corsas are awesome at idle and normal acceleration, but are terrible at WOT (too much trumpeting).

I kinda miss my stingers, they are terrible with drone, but sound the best overall!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 AM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

I have no desire to get louder. The sound I want to hear is there if I want it and gone when I don't. Like rolling down the Interstate @ 70mph. I don't have to listen to the tiring drone of an exhaust note for hours on end. (When I talk on my cellphone it's through the SYNC system so hands never leave the wheel. Even then I won't talk when driving is busy). The stock ehaust system is a nice compromise of the sound we all want to hear without being intrusive. Of course, being an older guy maybe I'm just too old and cranky! But, I'm a cool old guy with a brand new Mustang GT!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:15 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

.. I used to park across the street from the university at the hospital parking lot when I did not have a parking permit, the old and sick would curse at me for starting up my car right next to them without warning. I sometimes wait until they are very very close to my car... then "VVRRRRRROOOOMMMM!!!!" lol gets a chuckle out of me every time!

Dual cut outs can be fun on certain occasions.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:08 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

I went from loud to VERY VERY quiet recently..... I went through several (5 or 6) loud/aggressive exhaust setups and then decided that I wanted to hear absolutely nothing from the exhaust.... I achieved exactly that.

I bought a set of GT500 take-offs from ebay for about 26 bucks and some Magnaflow resonators. After they were installed the exhaust is whisper quiet. Now all I can hear is the engine and it's a great change of pace.

Most mustangs are loud and sound great, and I still love that sound. But, I needed something different and that's what I went for.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:03 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I was gonna go with the GT500 take offs as well.. nice ghost flames btw Discodave.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Corsa FTW. Louder than stock at idle but not bad, cruising doesn't have drone, and really opens up when you get on it.

For those with GTAs, it's like them but a bit louder.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:31 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I was gonna go with the GT500 take offs as well.. nice ghost flames btw Discodave.

Thanks man! If you're going with the GT500 take offs check ebay. Greenleafprime has them for 26 bucks a pair, and that includes the tips.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
.. I used to park across the street from the university at the hospital parking lot when I did not have a parking permit, the old and sick would curse at me for starting up my car right next to them without warning. I sometimes wait until they are very very close to my car... then "VVRRRRRROOOOMMMM!!!!" lol gets a chuckle out of me every time!

Dual cut outs can be fun on certain occasions.

same with my car! When I take my sister to school in the morning, I sometimes start the car while she is still putting her stuff in the trunk and she yells at me not to start it when she is behind it cuz its too loud

Quick Reply: exhaust- who's gone loud and come back to quiet?