Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotta love it...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 07:06 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Default Gotta love it...

Man oh man that 05 Mustang...I can't believe that now 3 of our motorcycle friends bought one and just found out today a co worker of my hubby's bought one. I happened to go by the dealership that sold us ours and I see the 3 screaming yella's are gone already. They are still flying of the lots around here! Other dealer where a motorcycle friend works, they have a 05 Sonic Blue GT convertible sitting there. Looks like the windviel blue one sold, its not in their inventory. Anyway...so cool to see 4 other people we know bought 05's after we did!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:55 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gotta love it...

It's because it's the sweetest car on the market right now! duh j/k
Old 08-09-2005, 10:25 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Oh and I'm thrilled to see other Mustang drivers are waving at me, mostly other 05s but even the older models. Do you find that happening to you?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:34 AM
momustang
1st Gear Member

I've received nothing but sideways glares and dirty looks from other owners (with a couple exceptions). 2005 GT owners though, DO smile, and so have several classic Stang owners. A guy in a 71 Boss revved his engine at me the other day and waved.. LOL
Old 08-09-2005, 12:52 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Since I am not a young stud anymore, there are young kids around my area that will rev their engines in their older stangs with the SLP Loudmouth mufflers then follow me for a mile or so. Then there are other kids that will go out of their way to follow me for a few miles. One kid followed me out of town then went past me in a Nissan Maxima (older one). Once he got in front of me, he decided to tuen around. I guess he was wanting me to race him in his stock rice. Then there are the older ones who just love the car and wave at me all the time.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

i have a hard time racing the ricers... they have such light cars and corner like nobody's business. But ive gotten a few nods from 04 owners but not often for the most part they dont like us. were not the same yknow... were closer to the old 60's stangs, who btw give me props EVERY time... the old folks like me too... its like im driving that thunderbird remake or something...
Old 08-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

wildabouthorses

Oh and I'm thrilled to see other Mustang drivers are waving at me, mostly other 05s but even the older models. Do you find that happening to you?
I get plenty of waves around here, although most are not from older Mustang models. I didn't drive it today because we had some pretty serious storms arouind. A guy who had seen it last Friday came into the office and told me that he and his buddy went absolutely nuts over it when they had seen it. His friend had even taken a picture of it with his camera phone. I have had that happen quite a few times. It's pretty funny when I see people pointing or taking a second look as I go by. And believe me, it's the car, not the driver.

Kathy
Old 08-10-2005, 12:16 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I get waves from folks that were around during the muscle car era, but thats about it. Noticed a few recent stang owners give me dirty looks, don't know what thats about....we are all stangs. Got a wave from a corvette once, that was weird.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Whitestang06

I test drove the 2005 GT in July and just as I was getting ready to pull back into the dealership a corvette pulled right up on my ace. What am I going to do take off right in front of the dealer, don't think so. I will be so happy when my 2006 GT arrives. My husband thinks I am obsessed with this forum.[8D]