Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple or Vortech/Paxton and FRPP intake??

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Default Whipple or Vortech/Paxton and FRPP intake??

Whats everyone's input on these combos? I'd like to get the Whipple as of right now. I've heard tremendous things about it.

But I also was thinking if I might be able to get better numbers out of a Vortech or a Paxton with a C&L or FRPP upper intake and heads (with the money I save over the Whipple)?

I have cams and plan on adding heads soon.

Anyone have any advice on which will make better numbers and which is more reliable?
Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lupo222
Whats everyone's input on these combos? I'd like to get the Whipple as of right now. I've heard tremendous things about it.

But I also was thinking if I might be able to get better numbers out of a Vortech or a Paxton with a C&L or FRPP upper intake and heads (with the money I save over the Whipple)?

I have cams and plan on adding heads soon.

Anyone have any advice on which will make better numbers and which is more reliable?
u want numbers? go with paxton or vortech. mine is 487rwhp with the blower ONLY!!! + the hurst short throw shifter
Old 07-17-2010, 04:02 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

With either setup you will be able to blow up the block with no problems. So it comes down too wether you want a Twinscrew or centri.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:29 PM
3fan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by raywang5
u want numbers? go with paxton or vortech. mine is 487rwhp with the blower ONLY!!! + the hurst short throw shifter
Yup just about the same here. I like the vortech and am sure the others would be good also. The sound the vortech makes is awesome though.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:33 PM
3fan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRock
With either setup you will be able to blow up the block with no problems. So it comes down too wether you want a Twinscrew or centri.

DRock your are right but hey its only money... of which I have none of.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:17 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

This.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:34 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I like my Vortech alot, even with a non-intercooled kit it pulls like a raped ape

The whipple is gonna kick you back in your seat like the Vortech/Paxton cannot do though lol
Old 07-17-2010, 06:11 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3fan
DRock your are right but hey its only money... of which I have none of.
Either way there is gonna be a lot of fun to be had but a HEAD/CAM/INTAKE car with a centri is really gonna pushing your limits of that thing. I mean a H/C/I car N/A can push close to 400rwhp, and above a guy said that he has 487rwhp with only a vortech, he is already almost 200rwhp over stock. Now add in the cams he already has.......close to 30rwhp there and then heads......maybe another 20rwhp there, then there was a guy on s197forum that got 40rwhp out of the new FRPP intake with a procharger setup.......so lets say another 40 there and that all adds up to something like 577rwhp.

Isnt it safe to be around 500rwhp? But i mean hey if youve got the money to have a short block built when that one blows then go for it.

Just trying to help man
Good Luck
Old 07-17-2010, 09:20 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^ ditto.. I'd build the bottom end waaaay before the top end. Other than cams, and the intake manifold.. everything else is overkill if you're boosting a good amount of psi anyways
With a built motor, it'll do wonders beyond the top end package.. add them together though and you'll have a real beast!.. and about $8k less in your bank account lulz
Old 07-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

You boys pushing over 400 are replacing your clutches aren't you?

Quick Reply: Whipple or Vortech/Paxton and FRPP intake??