Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COMPUTER CODE

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:03 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

Default COMPUTER CODE

Where is the computer code located? I thought I saw somewhere it was in the door jamb or is it in the side panel. I need the info so I can get the SCT 2 programmer. Thanks
Old 08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: COMPUTER CODE

Computer code?? The computer code exists in its compiled version, flashed onto an eprom chip which is currently sitting in your cars computer. I don't think that you are talking about that.

So are you talking about the the OBDII port where you plug the SCT 2 to? That plug is located just left of the steering wheel, just to the left of the steering wheel height adjuster underneath.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:13 PM
MACHINE
1st Gear Member

I think the info ratzila is looking for is the computer code that some places ask you for when you are ordering tuners such as Xcal 2 or Predator...I was actually wondering the same thing...I'm about ready to order my tuner as well...
Old 08-09-2005, 09:15 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

Oh of course...DUH

Lift up the hood and you'll see a sticker on the left side with the code.

It should be to the left of where you fill the oil...you'll see a cap with "SAE 5W20", just left of this there should be a sticker on a bracket.
It should say CDC1 or something close to that
Old 08-09-2005, 10:53 PM
momustang
1st Gear Member

If you have a Predator unit, plug it in, and go into Diagnostics mod. Select SHOW CALID. That's what you need.

~Mo
Old 08-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

but the code itself is, (as previously stated) on a sticker on the computer itself, which is under the hood next to the fuse box...

which leads to the question... wonder how the computer works when it gets hotter? I know cooling is very important to *this* computer... wonder about the cars...
Old 08-10-2005, 10:16 AM
momustang
1st Gear Member

Ratzilla is looking for a new programmer.

Unless the process is different with the XCAL than with the Predator, the only way to obtain the CALID (CALibration IDentification number) is by connecting directly to the computer itself.
FYI:
It's the same thing as checking who the manufacturer is of and what version of it is of the BIOS on your home PC. It's FLASH memory (same as the Predator, XCAL, etc). You can flash your home PC with a new BIOS update, similar to flashing the retune into your vehicle.

Depending on when your Mustang was built, and which version it is (V6 or V8), it will have a different CALID because the tune was changed after each major production line change (e.g., after April 05, they stopped putting the HC trap in the induction system. This required a change in the stock program).

~mo

Old 08-10-2005, 11:04 AM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

The place that I'm buying the programmer needs the computer code so they can writr the tune for it. Thanks for all of your replies
Old 08-13-2005, 02:12 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

uhh, i need to find mine too. maybe I will just call and ask the salesman.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:48 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Your are looking for a small white sticker on the side of the computer, or on the black bracket next to the computer. Pop your hood and when looking at the engine your computer is located just to the left of the passanger side valve cover towards the front of the engine. The computer is a silver box. It will say CDC3 or CDC2 if you have a 5 speed GT. Auto and V6 cars have other various codes. It will always be 3 letters followed by 1 number. If you have a CDC2 be sure you have your dealer tune you for a CDC3 computer but they should already know that. Same goes for BKT2 they should use BKT3.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: COMPUTER CODE