Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed! ->Keyless entry keypad

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 07:28 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Keyless entry keypad

Hey hambone - if you also have a GM vehicle with remote door feature (or have access to one) can you try to program that thing with their remote and see if it will work the GM car?? My boss loved that option on the Navigator and now has a Caddy. I told him to search the GM websites, but thought I'd ask if you'd have a way to quickly try it out.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Hey hambone - if you also have a GM vehicle with remote door feature (or have access to one) can you try to program that thing with their remote and see if it will work the GM car?? My boss loved that option on the Navigator and now has a Caddy. I told him to search the GM websites, but thought I'd ask if you'd have a way to quickly try it out.

Sowaxeman--I have three Fords--and don't think any of my neighbors have a GM either hehe.. Sorry...would if I could!!

Old 08-12-2005, 10:21 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

OK - well tell me this once you get it. Do you "teach" the keypad the RF freq. by using your keyfob, or does it use dip switches or codes to match from your fob. If you can answer me that once you get it, that will tell me alot.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

OK - well tell me this once you get it. Do you "teach" the keypad the RF freq. by using your keyfob, or does it use dip switches or codes to match from your fob. If you can answer me that once you get it, that will tell me alot.
Will do!

I'm ASSuME-ing that it will be more like the CAR learning the code of the keypad. I expect the instructions will be the same as for getting a new Ford FOB--you know the "turn the ignition OFF/ON for 8 times and press the button" dealio. In other words, I think the KEYPAD is just a different looking FOB with sticky tape and multiple buttons for security...

Old 08-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Okay, got the keypad configured and installed tonight! Pretty slick.

1) It acts just like a FOB---you do the key OFF/RUN 8 times, then program all FOBs, and now you have a keypad to add as well.

2) It comes hard-programmed with a code; you CAN add another custom code, no problem

3) After you enter the code, it unlocks the driver's door. If you now press the 3/4 key, all doors open. If you now press the 5/6 button, the trunk lid opens Sweet surprise to me!

4) The door on a 2005 is too "curved" above the door handle for the unit to rest flat. So, I opted below the door handle. It's the best I could figure out.

5) It comes with an alcohol wipe to clean the spot before you "peel and stick" the keypad.

6) It's too big to hide under the gas cap cover....

7) It does have a replaceable battery (but I didn't open it up yet and won't until I must).

8) the key pad DOES light up when a button is pressed [8D]

Overall, I'm happy! Here is a shot (first try at embedding picture..)

[IMG]local://upfiles/19206/B4E1A8C9751B466E96808215243ACDD8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-16-2005, 02:33 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Meh, wont be adding that to the side of my car.

If you press the last to buttons does it lock all doors?
Old 08-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Meh, wont be adding that to the side of my car.

If you press the last to buttons does it lock all doors?

Yes, if you press the last 2 buttons, all the doors lock. If you do it again, it does the traditional "honk" if all is well and all doors shut, etc. And the alarm is armed...

And I say the same thing about tinted windows, headlight covers, and mud flaps
Old 08-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Hehe.
Im not a fan of my own light covers, but hiding a fogged out headlamp.
Mudflaps are a must in my opinion, and should be required on every car. I wont ride behind a car without mudflaps if I can help it. They save from stones flying out the rear. Especially trucks.
And tint, I hate driving a car without it now. Saves interior deterioration(spelling).

I will miss not having my keyless pad, but the aftermarket one just sticks out alot, I dunno, maybe a different pic it will look different
Old 08-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Heheh..yeah, you know I'm just picking. Your ride looks really nice.

I agree--the keypad was "bigger and fatter" than I had expected. But once mounted, it isn't too bad. I do wish it had fit better over the handle, but the curve appeared to make it not such a great location. And yes, having it sunk into the door--as a factory option-- would be the best! But I'm certainly not going to cut a whole in my door..lol.

Mud flaps---I agree here, too. While I don't see they are necessary on the front of the 'stang, I do see that they really need to be on the back. I can tell from the tire shine showing up on the rear quarter panels---wonder if anybody has put the Ford flaps on their 'stang yet? I'm really considering adding them---I don't want the paint to chip (and the tire shine on the paint looks bad, too!). And I'm running stock tires/rims!

The Ford site says "The 2005-2006 Mustang Splash Guards will look Slightly different."

How about a picture already!!?!?!?!

http://www.fordaccessories.com/produ...ashGuards.aspx
Old 08-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

05's will look slightly different, lol yeah we need a pic already.

Molded ones were not made from ford anymore when I got mine. My pops had the molded ones on his, bad thing is there is no give in them. Back over a small snow pile or back up into parking spot and hit parking block would knock them off all the time. But they look better.

Those pictured look kinda odd.

What do you mean you dont wanna cut a hole in your door?

Quick Reply: Installed! ->Keyless entry keypad