Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jealousy? Too much brand loyalty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:00 PM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

Default Jealousy? Too much brand loyalty?

I picked up a 2005 Mustang V6 coupe last Thursday night from a local dealer. Five days into ownership, still on the 1/2 tank of gas the dealer gave me, I walk out to find my car -and my car alone- on the street has been egged, rather viciously. I had to go to the dealer anyway for the other 1/2 tank of gas they promised me, so I quickly drove up there and they ran it through the car wash. I learn that one spot by the door has been hit so bad that the egg damaged the clearcoat and the paint, leaving a bunch of little pits. Everytime I put the window down and up, I have to clean it.

I'm really annoyed. I am going to talk to the people who own the house I am staying in about parking close to the house, but the damage is done, both to the car and to my attitude about my neighborhood. I'm new here, I just moved cross-country, and the only people I know are the ones in my house. There are much nicer cars than mine on the streets here, and mine is the only one that had a problem.

Any of you folks have this kind of thing happen? California enviro-activists maybe? Rabid Chevy fans? Jealous kids? I have enough to worry about, I don't want to have to put security cameras and lazers all around my car ; ;
Old 08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Jealousy? Too much brand loyalty?

Sadly, you're not the only one to have your Mustang vandalized. It's a combination of jealousy and anti-Mustang attitude. The Mustang is the hottest new thing on the road right now and lots of people can't deal with that; mainly GM fans.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:18 PM
MR.Mustang
2nd Gear Member

WOW! I can imagine how you feel, I had my chrome valve stem caps stolen and I was hoppin' mad (I suspect my neighbors kid)! It was likley a bunch of kids riding around on their bikes causing trouble. I would say it was a random act but you never know.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:01 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

That really sucks big time... does sound like jealousy or kids. Its gotten where ya gotta park away from other cars in store parking lots because other people tend to slam their doors in to a new car to dent or scratch it up. Just because its a new car.
I wouldn't be surprised if something else happens to your car...might be even worse next time.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:01 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

ya, its jealousy...unless of course you really pissed someone off and this was their cowardly way of revenge.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:08 PM
droopynleona

I worry about damage all the time. Every time I park it at work I am worried someone will key it just to be a jerk.

The old saying goes, "You just can't have anything nice."
Old 08-09-2005, 09:09 PM
MACHINE
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S.SubZero

I have enough to worry about, I don't want to have to put security cameras and lazers all around my car ; ;
[DrEvil] get yourself some sharks with frikkin lazer beams attached to their heads...[/DrEvil]

j/k...just trying to lighten the mood. I myself have been a victim of vandalism and I know how you feel. Not to mention I already have a small door ding on my new 05 as well...
Old 08-09-2005, 09:11 PM
droopynleona

I hit a piece of metal on the highway during a road trip. It left a small chip in my front bumper...and it left a pit in my stomach. It ruined my weekend.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:03 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I have managed to avoid damage so far. I was passing a truck on I-95 and one of the rear tires came apart, as they commonly do on those rigs. I was dodging pieces of the tire at 80+ MPH.

As for parking lots and leaving it in town, I dont leave it somewhere in public after dark unless I have to, and I always park as far away from the building (and thus the crowded spaces) as possible.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

It's so sad that we can't park our new Stangs like everyone else does. Although I was well out in the lot at our local Walmart and was only in there for 20 minutes, my car was still keyed. Luckily it easily buffed out. They obviously did not have time to do a better job, thank you God. But I was sick to my stomach for quite a while afterwards. I just don't know what is the matter with people. I am sorry for your trouble and definitely feel your pain.

Kathy

Quick Reply: Jealousy? Too much brand loyalty?