Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 mustang roush

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 09:24 PM
bingo2
1st Gear Member

FNSWEET is like this site except it is for people that own or are interested in Roush cars. They do have a "Parts for Sale" section but, they are not a parts seller. Typical boost level on a stock Roush 427 is 5 to 6 PSI. If you replace the stock pulley with a 2.57 you may see between 7 and 9 PSI and the change will require a retune. And, the pulley change will void the Roush warranty. Again, I encourage you to use the search function on the FNSWEET site, there are probably 15 threads relating to the questions you are asking.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:59 PM
evotwostang

witch sct tuner do we get for the mods we wanna do . o and hes wanting to put some gears in it too.
Originally Posted by Tylus
that is a loaded question for the most PSI on pump gas.

the general consensus is 10 psi to keep from blowing the bottom end up from too much boost. That will net you around 450 RWHP with accompanying bolt-ons and good tuning.

for tuners, you should look at the SCT style. the Diablo is harder to work with, and most shops don't offer/use them because of that. If you are interested in purchasing one, and other parts for the car, look at the Forum Sponsers up near the top of the page.

For tuners in your area, check out the Regional Areas of this forum. There you are more likely to find good people in your area from other guys who live near you.

got any pictures of the car? P-51, or a 427/428
Old 08-16-2010, 12:11 AM
muzzy
1st Gear Member

Call JDM Engineering ask for Jim 732-780-0770. Take a look at the web site. They can send you a tune. They are saleen and roush exsperts. Do nothing until you talk to them.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by evotwostang
hello,
im on here for my dad hes not a internet guy (60 years old) ok so he has a 09 mustang roush and hes wanting to put some mods on it he has flowmasters and a intake right now . hes wanting to put full exhaust and headers and a pully for the supercharger. what pully/highest boost can we run on pump gas with a tune? and about the tune is everyone doing the diablo tuner what would be the best tuner for the car. or is there a dyno near with a reputable tuner( were in sebring fl). and what site is everyone going to to buy parts for these cars.

thanks for your time
What you can do is Google speed shops in your area and then start checking the websites and/or calling them. Ask them specifically about how many S197s Mustang they have tuned on their dyno and the results they got. There are alot of people who have dynos and think they know how to tune cars and don't. A little online research and speaking with the people in person should be enough for you to figure out if they know what they are doing or not.

Diablo has a list on their website and I beleive SCT does also.

If you are in Sebring, FL, I know of a tuner there (note sure how close he is to you in Florida) that is very good. He gets in magazines, is flown around the world to tune and he can work on any late model muscle car. After all of your mods you will find that a custom tune will do more and be more important than the parts you throw on the car.

If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you his info. What the tuner charges is the same as anyone else.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM
evotwostang

no do these tuners tap into the factory ecu with a laptop and do the tuning that way or is it strictly with the sct tuner?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Unless you buy the software and hardware made for the experienced tuner, I'd leave the tune to the shop. The SCT and the Diablo only store stock and custom tunes so you can download/upload. They DO allow you to change some minor parameters but the real nitty gritty parameters are not user adjustable unless you go beyond the likes of the SCT Xcal or the Predator handhelds.

As stated earlier, you need to research more. It's obvious you haven't based on your questions and you're setting yourself up for some expensive disappointments.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 PM
evotwostang

Originally Posted by Nuke
Unless you buy the software and hardware made for the experienced tuner, I'd leave the tune to the shop. The SCT and the Diablo only store stock and custom tunes so you can download/upload. They DO allow you to change some minor parameters but the real nitty gritty parameters are not user adjustable unless you go beyond the likes of the SCT Xcal or the Predator handhelds.

As stated earlier, you need to research more. It's obvious you haven't based on your questions and you're setting yourself up for some expensive disappointments.
were not gonna go super extreme with the car jus a pully and a full exhaust and maby some gears. will i need to go with a colder plug when i put the pully on?
O i i been looking at the pullys and been finding differant sizes but they all say there gonna give the same amount of boost. we are realy wanting to get the most boost we can on pump gas.
i am doing a ton of searching and learning little by little, but every little bit of info i can get will help..
this whole supercharger and mustang thing is all new to me i been doing evos for 5 years now. and i know them cars inside out.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:22 PM
evotwostang

i have only found 2 pullys where can i go to find a bunch of them!!! like differant stages or whatever.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:50 PM
evotwostang

anyone
Old 08-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Flatline1980
2nd Gear Member

read read read..lol.. look at all your options before making a buy.. thats my suggestion.. key is to research..

Quick Reply: 09 mustang roush