Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My stang is wack :( please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Neth

Default My stang is wack :( please help

So my dad gave me his 05 Mustang v6 convertible because he left to go to Afghanistan, and this thing has a couple problems.

1st off my idiot cousin somehow DESTROYED the mechanism that takes the top down. I'm thought you had to be in park to put the top down but I'm pretty sure that he tried to put the top down while moving. Now the freaking alarm system goes off without warning. We just lock the door with the key which deactivates the alarm to the convertible top. This is unrelated to why I'm posting, I'm just giving all the facts up front.

Now I for the reason I am posting. Kinda long but I just want all the details to be clear.

About 6 months ago the Mustangs battery died and had to be replaced. My father bought a new one but it is slightly smaller than the original battery. Everything was fine and dandy when he changed it but then when he was about to put the terminals on the new battery he touched the positive terminal with the negative terminal for a split second. After he put the terminals back in he did the long annoying process of programming the new battery in like the owners manual says, but now we have electrical issues.

1. There are noises from the speakers. When driving it sounds like a purring cat, and when I turn the radio on or use the wireless remote to unlock the doors ect. it makes a "POP" noise.

2. When I unlock the car with the remote my car honks and blinks my flashers 4 times

3. If I don't drive the car everyday or two the battery dies on me. Obviously something is constantly on that drains my battery but this never happened before.

I think this is a short somewhere but I don't know where and I don't know how to even start.

Also I avoid the dealer like going to church so please don't tell me to go to the dealer. I'm broke. Dad said that over time he will send money to fix it but if you guys and girls could help out now I'd appreciate it.

- side note -
My girls mom has the same mustang as her but somehow she can change the color or her speedometer. How?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Neth
- side note -
My girls mom has the same mustang as her but somehow she can change the color or her speedometer. How?
That's a Mycolor cluster. They come with the Interior Upgrade Package or with the Premium models. Don't remember which. If you don't have one, you can install one. It's in the $300-400 range depending on where you get it.

Not too great with electronics, so I'll let someone who is step in

Last edited by Alec; 08-18-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Neth

Also I read somewhere that dealers touch the terminals on purpose to deactivate any electrical change still in the circuits so im not sure if that is true but I just thought I'd post that.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

damn man sounds like you got some serious problems, have you taken it to a dealer?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Pony123
2nd Gear Member

Yes you need a diagnosis, and for that a dealer would be the best place
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Neth

Originally Posted by Dreamtheory
damn man sounds like you got some serious problems, have you taken it to a dealer?

....really... -__- No I haven't.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dreamtheory
Did you even read the OP's whole thread ???
Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Neth

Originally Posted by Pony123
Yes you need a diagnosis, and for that a dealer would be the best place
So my buddy's dad is a AAA Master Mechanic. He didn't spend much time on it because he is a very very very busy man but he has a scanner and nothing unusual came up. I should have posted that. idk how to edit post or I would add it.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
Did you even read the OP's whole thread ???
^ i stopped reading after he quit naming the problems with the car

he is having some serious issues, and seeing as he seems younger like myself, i highly doubt he can fix these problems himself
Old 08-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Did it get any water damage/did any water get into the control box? (on the passenger side, the compartment door)

Quick Reply: My stang is wack :( please help