Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intercooled NA aplication

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 03:45 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Default intercooled NA aplication

Ok so i am changing up my front end a little bit (yes i will post pics) and i was wondering if i could add an intercooler to my naturally aspirated mustang. I am eventually going to add an intercooled supercharger but that wont be until the bank account agrees with me. So since i will have the front all ripped apart i am wondering if i can just mount the intercooler now and run from my BBK Cold air intake down a pipe through the intercooler and into my throttle body? can this be done? Any HP gains? just trying to figure if i can do it before i order my intercooler. Any thoughts? thanks
Old 10-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

gains?

none...in fact you might actually see losses due to the restrictive nature of air flowing throw the IC without a blower pushing it

honestly, this sounds a bit stupid. Are you going to run a Procharger or other style Centrifugal blower eventually? or a Whipple/Saleen/Edelbrock/Roush style blower?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
gains?

none...in fact you might actually see losses due to the restrictive nature of air flowing throw the IC without a blower pushing it

honestly, this sounds a bit stupid. Are you going to run a Procharger or other style Centrifugal blower eventually? or a Whipple/Saleen/Edelbrock/Roush style blower?
Its a V6, half of those won't work.

Don't do that black, thats rice.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:05 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

H*ll, while you have the whole front ripped apart, I'd put it on there (but as mentioned, don't connect it to anything)...Some S/C guys should chime in, but that "may" prevent you from taking it all apart again...when you get the S/C just connect the IC?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:03 PM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
gains?

I was going to either choose between vortec (centri.) or an x charger extreme intercooled

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Its a V6, half of those won't work.

Don't do that black, thats rice.
Ya i am looking into it

Originally Posted by highline
H*ll, while you have the whole front ripped apart, I'd put it on there (but as mentioned, don't connect it to anything)...Some S/C guys should chime in, but that "may" prevent you from taking it all apart again...when you get the S/C just connect the IC?
Ya that is why i would do it, but that might come off as poser i guess because i wont have the sc for awhile so i would be running around with an intercooler without anything hooked up to...
Old 10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

STOP MODDING YOUR CAR JUST TO MOD IT. save money for some nice things LIKE the xcharger. your car looks good now please dont do any more to the exterior. Save the money or do mods that would actually do somthing.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

The front end can be taken off in less then 30 minutes for me atleast, I've done it atleast 25 times no exaggeration. Its nothing thats hard...
Old 10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08blackoutstang
Ok so i am changing up my front end a little bit (yes i will post pics) and i was wondering if i could add an intercooler to my naturally aspirated mustang. I am eventually going to add an intercooled supercharger but that wont be until the bank account agrees with me. So since i will have the front all ripped apart i am wondering if i can just mount the intercooler now and run from my BBK Cold air intake down a pipe through the intercooler and into my throttle body? can this be done? Any HP gains? just trying to figure if i can do it before i order my intercooler. Any thoughts? thanks
you're GT won't even start.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:47 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
STOP MODDING YOUR CAR JUST TO MOD IT. save money for some nice things LIKE the xcharger. your car looks good now please dont do any more to the exterior. Save the money or do mods that would actually do somthing.
This, your car is already starting to get too busy. I would resist throwing anything else on it until you do some work under the hood (performance wise).
Old 10-12-2010, 04:21 PM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
ya this was my plan but i guess i have a very strong hole in my pocket! i am done now till the supercharger. I have these to brackets for the front of my car coming in the mail and i feel like those are the last thing that i will do to the exterior until the supercharger... then i want to do something to the rear facia instead of just the cut v6 bumper. But your right i need to hold until i get the power

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
The front end can be taken off in less then 30 minutes for me atleast, I've done it atleast 25 times no exaggeration. Its nothing thats hard...
I am taking it off in a few minutes so i can fix the under side so we shall see

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
you're GT won't even start.
idk what this is supposed to mean?

Originally Posted by chain1
This, your car is already starting to get too busy. I would resist throwing anything else on it until you do some work under the hood (performance wise).
ya i am going to go this rout now haha

Quick Reply: intercooled NA aplication