Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP FAST!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:34 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default NEED HELP FAST!!!!

I was just on my way home and everything was fine. I passed an area where DOT if patching pot holes, so there were a ton of little pebbles on the floor. About 100ft after I passed this my car is now letting out a high pitched screaching noise, similar to one of a car with really bad brakes, ONLY IM NOT ON MY BRAKES!!!! I called my ford dealer and they gave me a bull**** excuse of no loaner car tyll friday. Anybody have any idea on wtf it could be????
Old 10-26-2010, 09:36 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

pebbles in the brake pads and rotors
Old 10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I was just on my way home and everything was fine. I passed an area where DOT if patching pot holes, so there were a ton of little pebbles on the floor. About 100ft after I passed this my car is now letting out a high pitched screaching noise, similar to one of a car with really bad brakes, ONLY IM NOT ON MY BRAKES!!!! I called my ford dealer and they gave me a bull**** excuse of no loaner car tyll friday. Anybody have any idea on wtf it could be????
Rock stuck in your brakes possibly.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If it stops when the car slows or stops, as mentioned above; rocks in your brakes.

If it DOESN'T stop even with the car parked and shut off, it's rocks in yer' head.

Try flushing your rotors/pads with a high pressure or garden hose and/or see if braking while driving in reverse helps. Is this your first car?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:47 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yes this is my first car, I did all the tests you guys listed above including pushing the car in neutral with no braking at all and it still happens. I gave the car a quick shot to 40 than pumped the brakes and still nothing. I also tried the reverse braking method and nothing. I might just try taking the wheels off and taking a look at the pads, should I?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

PROBLEM SOLVED!! I took the front passenger and front driver side wheels off and found 2 stones in the pads. Thanks guys for the help and the quick responses, just worried me a little bit that it mightve been more serious.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

All solved in under a half hour. Nice work.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

From your panic stricken post and the sound of your finger nails hitting the monitor as you were biting them off, it was obvious you were... "concerned". Glad you saved yourself a trip to the dealer. THAT would have been MORE painful.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:19 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
All solved in under a half hour. Nice work.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Nuke
From your panic stricken post and the sound of your finger nails hitting the monitor as you were biting them off, it was obvious you were... "concerned". Glad you saved yourself a trip to the dealer. THAT would have been MORE painful.
LOL, yeah shes my baby so I tend to get kinda nervous when stuff like this happens, and since its my first car its the first time ive ever experienced this. But thanks again Nuke!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

That was some quick help. Glad to know it worked out.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP FAST!!!!