Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT emblem replacement ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 PM
HoboDxb
2nd Gear Member

Default GT emblem replacement ideas

I can't for the life of me figure out what to replace the GT emblems with but I want to get rid of them for sure. Filling the holes is not worth the $$. So far the only options I can think of is the running pony and 4.6. No turbo/supercharger on my ride so thats out of the option. Definitely no cobras (though the 99-04 cobra emblem looks ridiculously good). Wtf can I throw on there instead of the GT emblem??
Old 11-04-2010, 01:43 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HoboDxb
I can't for the life of me figure out what to replace the GT emblems with but I want to get rid of them for sure. Filling the holes is not worth the $$. So far the only options I can think of is the running pony and 4.6. No turbo/supercharger on my ride so thats out of the option. Definitely no cobras (though the 99-04 cobra emblem looks ridiculously good). Wtf can I throw on there instead of the GT emblem??
i love the look of the powered by ford emblems. that is what i want...
Old 11-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Red-GT500
1st Gear Member

I know you already stated it but i always like the traditionaly running pony with the red, white, and blue bars behind it. I have seen some people use different symbols to replace the badge. One i remember was a Knight on a white mustang, guess it was his trusty steed or something silly like that.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:52 AM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

The larger chrome running ponies that are found on the front grille. Clean and nice and big, but not too big. Would look really nice I bet. I've already used it to replace the faux rear cap (Check my avatar to the left) I'm thinking of getting two more for the side badges. The only problem is that I would want both of them running forward, which means I would need one of them reversed... and I don't know how I would find (or make) one like that. But, it would Look great, even if it weren't reversed, because people can only see one side of the car at a time... so no worries.

Last edited by Fifthwind; 11-04-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 PM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

this place has left and right ponies...CLICK HERE
Old 11-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the link, but I'm talking about the 6 inch chrome pony that's on the front grille. I'd like to have a reversed one of those.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Hey, if non Cobra owners defend putting Cobra emblems on their rides, why not join the gong-show and put 5.0 emblems on the side of yours ?

I tried a couple of different emblems on the side of mine but nothing looked 'right' if you know what i mean. I tried the "4.6" ones and also the "4.6 supercharged" ones (even worse).
The original Ponies are probably the no-brainer option, depends on how you stand regarding being taken for a 6'er in profile
Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

When I bought my GT, it came with the running pony emblems on the side. Looked nice, but I got so sick and tired of people asking if it was a V6 that I went out and bought GT badges. Personally, I like the look of the GT badges.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I think the gt logo is pretty tough, paint it black otherwise leave it
Old 11-04-2010, 05:31 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i bought some anodized black billet GT emblems for my car from UPR, they look great and with your color scheme and the matte black stripe, they would look great.

Quick Reply: GT emblem replacement ideas