Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roushcharger M90 guys please help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Default Roushcharger M90 guys please help!

Hello guys, as I posted here about 3 weeks ago I bought an M90 from Roush & I took advantage of the current savings. I had a local Ford dealer install & as per the instructions, the PCM was sent off to Roush.

I had the following problems since:

1. Coolant leak in the rear of the motor. (dealer fixed after 2 tries)

2. Car breaks up under hard acceleration.

When I first got the car back, the "break-up" issue was pretty bad. I took it back & they tol me it was the plugs where gapped wrong. I got the car back Friday & the same problem.

Today in the am I took my time & checked all the plugs, so what do I find? They only gapped the plugs on the drivers side or what I would call the easy side. That's right, the driver side plugs were gapped to .035 & the passenger side to .045 (the stock form they come in). I gapped all 8 to .035 & while the problem improved, it STILL there!!!

At this point I'm frustrated, pissed, & not really sure I should take it back to the dealer since they have had 2 chances to get it right & the fact that they only gapped 1/2 of the plugs in the first place.

Here is the status:

1. Gapped all plugs to .035, Roush recommens .045, but article after article & the Ford Dealer sai that was too much gap. (Plugs are Autolite HT0)

2. Car still breaks up on hard acceleration, over 3,500RPM.

Advice?

1. Custom tune
2. Take back to dealer, again?
3. Gap plugs to Roush recommended .045 & try again? (I do have an extra set of the plugs, so this step would be easy)

Help!!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

What other mods does your car have?

LT's
UDP
Offroad pipes

Go through and check your intake is tight and not leaking. Unmetered air can cause havoc
Old 11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
What other mods does your car have?

LT's
UDP
Offroad pipes

Go through and check your intake is tight and not leaking. Unmetered air can cause havoc
I'll double check the intake, as far as mods, pypes mufflers eliminators & thats it! (It does have a short throw shifter & alum D/S, but those should not matter)
Old 11-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

SOB man I'm sorry to hear you are having problems still.

I'd be pissed as hell at the dealer.
Not even gapping your shat right. I think it's time you talked to
the freakin owner of the dealership.
I'm sure you already talked to the service manager.

Start talking about getting money back for faulty install and that
will wake them up.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I have had no problems with mine! Maybe there is a problem with the roush tune?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Something to me just screams another job done by the dealership half assed
like maybe the intake not on tight or something else.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Should have done it yourself....my Roush is running the stock plugs, newer head, and I didn't re-gap them. It sounds to me like a faulty MAF sensor, or an induction leak....have them do a vacuum test!!!

As far as the coolant, if they vacuum filled the cooling system as per Rouch recommendations, they would have spotted that leak before they filled it up.

On the rear of the throttle body spacer is a hose fitting that needs to be plugged, did they do that? Take some close up pics of the installation, maybe I can spot something???

PS. Pisses me off if you pay someone who is supposed to be qualified and they do a ****ty job!!
Old 11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

If I can't find a fix by Tues, it's back to the dealer.....I can't drop it off tomorrow, so if anyone posts a solution before then, I will just do myself. The reason why, at this point don't trust them to even put gas in my car.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:29 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

you probably paid out the nose for that install at the dealer, make them fix it. The roush tune is perfect. make sme wonder though, what fuel do you have in it. the tune requires premium, any chance of some old fuel that isn't premium mixed in there? Also call roush, those guys will talk to you too. tell than what's up and see what they think. When my guages were acting up i called roush and they actually called the dealer to talk with them about the issue. i seriousl doubt its the tune. this is the same tune they use on all 427 r cars. they woud all be having issues if it was tyhe tune. I suspect faulty install by the dealer. POerhaps your plugs are bad now from running with the wrong gap?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
you probably paid out the nose for that install at the dealer, make them fix it. The roush tune is perfect. make sme wonder though, what fuel do you have in it. the tune requires premium, any chance of some old fuel that isn't premium mixed in there? Also call roush, those guys will talk to you too. tell than what's up and see what they think. When my guages were acting up i called roush and they actually called the dealer to talk with them about the issue. i seriousl doubt its the tune. this is the same tune they use on all 427 r cars. they woud all be having issues if it was tyhe tune. I suspect faulty install by the dealer. POerhaps your plugs are bad now from running with the wrong gap?
The plugs are at .035 as I right this. I do have a new set of the plugs at the original gap (.045) that I could swap out.

As far as fuel, the car had a 93 tune on it, so I've run 93 octane since almost day 1 of ownership.

Quick Reply: Roushcharger M90 guys please help!