Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Work

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:37 PM
dipsetwarrior
1st Gear Member

Default Warranty Work

I have a 2010 Mustang GT that has about 25K Miles and I just purchased it a Month ago.

Is there anything I should check or inspect to turn into the dealership for warranty work?

Are there any recalls?

My seat makes a mildly annoying sweak when I hold the clutch down to shift. Can that be considered something that Ford can fix?

Thank you, I appreciate any responses.

God Bless.

-Jonathan
Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 PM
AZ06GT
1st Gear Member

You can get almost anything fixed or replaced under warranty...I have friends that nit pick every little problem and the dealer never questions any of it. Squeaks, rattles, scratches, just about anything that bugs you even if you screw up and brake something yourself. Don't be shy, you spent a lot of money on that ride.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:07 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I wish I can say the same about my dealers in my area. They have had all sorts of asshats do stupid S*** like supercharge a non-forged lower end engine, blow it, put all the stock stuff back on, and try to warranty the car.

They look over everything, and if they find something that is the fault of the owner, not a factory defect, they rightly deny the warranty.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:04 AM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

When I bought my car a few months back, the service guy sat down and explained the warranty on the car in much greater detail than I've ever heard anyone explain a warranty. He said that the bumper to bumper warranty includes one free adjustment to any part of the car for issues with squeaks and rattles and that kind of stuff. So, yeah, I would defintiely take it in if it's bothering you.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:09 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

What I don't understand is why the dealers love to be so whiny about warranty work. Why turn away easy warranty work when it's a great source of income for them direct from Ford. It just does't seem logical to me.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:40 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
What I don't understand is why the dealers love to be so whiny about warranty work. Why turn away easy warranty work when it's a great source of income for them direct from Ford. It just does't seem logical to me.
Cause most dealers dont know how to do it. Anybody and their mother can become a mechanic these days
Old 12-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LTDan
...the bumper to bumper warranty includes one free adjustment to any part of the car for issues with squeaks and rattles and that kind of stuff...
WTF? THAT is total BS. One free adjustment? I'd give him one free set of knuckles. Under warranty, you can bring your car in daily if something needs fixed.

I wonder what other bullchit he told you that you bought. I'll bet he said if you put a CAI on it'll void your warranty, too.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:51 AM
tekzilla41
1st Gear Member

Hell yeah bring it in, that is all covered and it never hurts to ask.

Also, within the first year you get one free balance and alignment. My dealer also gives me a free rental car any time I bring the car in for anything (the reason why I bought there).
Old 12-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Mikado463
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
. I'll bet he said if you put a CAI on it'll void your warranty, too.
And it would if done improperly , did not comply, etc.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:39 AM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Ford (and every other automotive company) specifies a set amount of time they have to complete each repair, and Ford then pays them $XX.XX amount of money per hour of labor needed for the job. I.E., rotate all four tires might have an allotted time of 30 minutes of pay.

Now, when they are doing regular work, not warranty, they can charge however much labor per hour that their dealership charges. Maybe Ford only pays $75.00 an hour for warranty work. My dealership personally charges $95.00 per hour of work, which we can guess is less than Ford pays.

Long story short, Ford pays less for warranty work than the dealer could charge you to do it without warranty.

Quick Reply: Warranty Work