Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:22 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Which exhaust?

Well I am going to be installing my longtubes and offroad x pipe matrin luther king weekend, but I am wondering what mufflers I should get. I want something that has a nice sound to it, but not overly loud. Drone doesnt really bother me, but I want something that isnt as loud as my old roush system. I was thinking bassani, does anyone have experience with them? Also the magnaflows sound pretty bad ***. I am really unsure, if anyone has vids of their car with longtubes that would be great.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:56 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

303 views and not 1 post?
Old 12-31-2010, 11:11 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

If it's between Bassani and Magnaflow, go with Bassani! I would've gone Bassani myself but it was just a bit out of my price range (very happy with my Pype Bomb though)
Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Just wait and see what it sounds like on your current mufflers. The LT's really make things louder

I put my GTB's back on for my install. Got the Pypes Deletes waiting though if things aren't loud enough.

Agree though that the Maggies sounds f'ing awesome. Just too expensive for me
Old 12-31-2010, 11:27 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Well I sold my roush system, cause I knew it would sound way to loud and raspy for my liking. I am right now stuck between the borla, magnaflow, or bassani system. I want deep and loud, but not too loud.

Heres what the magnaflows will be like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukoZt...eature=related
Old 12-31-2010, 12:38 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I just helped install LT's and o/r X on my friend's 3v with Borla Stingers last night. Just now recovering from staying up that late. It sounds SICK though! I did get some video I will post here after uploading. It wasn't as loud as I was expecting it to be, but it sounds VERY good, especially from inside a car behind him. It's just the right noise level IMO. It pulled noticeably harder as well. I'll stick it up on youtube this evening so you can hear.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:19 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i ended up getting the rectangular flowmasters fro the GT. they sound bad ***, very deep, no rasp, drone in the 1800-2000 range. with 3.73 gears that means drone at about 60 in 5th for me, not an issue anywhere else and at 60 or under i stay in fourth.

outside sound quality sucks, plus i forgot to edit my mug out of the vid so deal lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1FwbxXhzYs
Old 12-31-2010, 07:56 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
I just helped install LT's and o/r X on my friend's 3v with Borla Stingers last night. Just now recovering from staying up that late. It sounds SICK though! I did get some video I will post here after uploading. It wasn't as loud as I was expecting it to be, but it sounds VERY good, especially from inside a car behind him. It's just the right noise level IMO. It pulled noticeably harder as well. I'll stick it up on youtube this evening so you can hear.
If you could upload that video that would be great, I am either considering borla or magnaflow cause I cant find a video of bassani and not many seem to have them.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:07 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Good timing! Not the best of videos since it was very late, but it will give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UREtZYqB0xA

I actually really like the Magnaflow video you uploaded though. Like... damn. That is one of the best sounding 3v's I have heard!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:17 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

**** that sounds good!! As of now I am stuck on either borla or magnaflow. The borla seems deeper than the magnaflow but I really do like both. Any opinions?

Quick Reply: Which exhaust?