Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABOUT DAMN TIME!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default ABOUT DAMN TIME!!

Well after getting aggravated and calling maryland speed yesterday, my Borla's finally came today. I placed the order on Sunday, and when I called they still had not shipped it, but ended up getting it from a "middle man" and sent them out yesterday. I was pretty pissed but I just installed them and they sound really good compared to stock. They have a nice deep tone. Cant wait to see what its going to sound like when I install the longtubes

Heres the setup layed out VV

Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

I got the same Borla unit installed in my ride and its sounds amazing except the neighbors complain that its too loud in the morning cold start. The sound is really really good with the Borla once you start driving it hard though. I had many different exhaust products and Borla is my favorite. You wont regret it. I use to have long tube headers and I found them to be useless cause the original headers are very good and just as good. Plus I didn't find any gains from long tube headers. Now, remove the cats and you have a whole different animal. But good luck with the smell and the cops.l LOL
Old 01-07-2011, 03:03 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAMAMAN
I got the same Borla unit installed in my ride and its sounds amazing except the neighbors complain that its too loud in the morning cold start. The sound is really really good with the Borla once you start driving it hard though. I had many different exhaust products and Borla is my favorite. You wont regret it. I use to have long tube headers and I found them to be useless cause the original headers are very good and just as good. Plus I didn't find any gains from long tube headers. Now, remove the cats and you have a whole different animal. But good luck with the smell and the cops.l LOL
Yeah they sound really good, nice & deep like I wanted them to be. Definitely not as loud as my roush system, but it probably will be with the headers installed.

And theres no way you saw no gain from longtubes, the respectively get around 20rwhp
Old 01-07-2011, 03:14 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Well after getting aggravated and calling maryland speed yesterday, my Borla's finally came today. I placed the order on Sunday, and when I called they still had not shipped it, but ended up getting it from a "middle man" and sent them out yesterday. I was pretty pissed but I just installed them and they sound really good compared to stock. They have a nice deep tone. Cant wait to see what its going to sound like when I install the longtubes

Heres the setup layed out VV

Please post up a vid when its done so I can hear it. I already have an x-pipe and Borla stingers but I want to get some LT's so I would love to hear what it sounds like.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Do me a favor and post a video once you everything installed. I am dying to hear the noise. I put 4.10 gears as well and that amplified the noise significantly. Perhaps, I installed too much **** at the same time, when I put the long headers on and couldn't tell the marginal gains of each unit installed. In any event let me know the gains bro. Thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 04:35 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Do me a favor and post a video once you everything installed. I am dying to hear the noise. I put 4.10 gears as well and that amplified the noise significantly. Perhaps, I installed too much **** at the same time, when I put the long headers on and couldn't tell the marginal gains of each unit installed. In any event let me know the gains bro. Thanks
Well I will be heading to a local dyno day in the spring, but if you installed the longtubes and 4.10s at the same time that may be why you didnt see a significant amount. 4.10s actually decrease rwhp a little. For now I am just going to add UDP's on top of what I have now so I am hoping for maybe 310 - 320 rwhp when I dyno it.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

I think your're right men. Men you will go crazy waiting till the spring with those parts around and your car in storage. I hate that feeling. I wish it was summer all year round where I live. I basically live in the north pole which sucks for me.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:57 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I think your're right men. Men you will go crazy waiting till the spring with those parts around and your car in storage. I hate that feeling. I wish it was summer all year round where I live. I basically live in the north pole which sucks for me.
My cars a DD and I am installing them next weekend lol, just cant dyno it until my next dyno meet in the spring.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

should sound bad a** when the LT's are on good luck with the install
Old 01-07-2011, 05:07 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
should sound bad a** when the LT's are on good luck with the install
Kind of thread jacking myself lol but how did you like the way realspeed tuned your car? I went to them for my 4.10 install and love their shop and will go to them for anything I need.

Quick Reply: ABOUT DAMN TIME!!