Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my mustang is dead......

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Plain and simple, I was a cop for 20 years and the law on this is very clear: If you hit someone from behine for any reason "your" at fault. I bet you were cited for "making an unsafe lane change". As stated above: "The cars in the lane YOU were changing into have the right of way". It does not matter if they were parked in that lane or just stopped. Even if they were in "your" lane and stopped or going 25 to 30 and you hit them you would once again be at fault, and would be cited for, "following to close". Anyway you slice it your at fault, sorry bro......
Old 01-25-2011, 02:25 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Plain and simple, I was a cop for 20 years and the law on this is very clear
Only accident I've had that was my fault..was hitting a cop car. 2mph max (obvious as no air-bag deployment), but still did the "oh, my liver, my liver" and had an ambulance cart him off after getting right out after-wards and walking around, etc..until the ambulance showed. Insurance cha-ching related I'm sure. I just had a nice dirt imprint of the raised lettering for the county PD here for a bit. Gone as soon as I hit the car wash.

Ironically, this happened because in stop and go I rubbernecked it at another cop pulling some other guy over. Good times.

Last edited by wayne613; 01-25-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

as I said before I won't deny this being my fault but clear this is thread is following the mob mentality as somehow yall aren't reading that and playing follow the leader.

the cause of this though it's hard for me to grasp being me. weather due to my alias or a mental disorder I have...

reading back over what I posted about the events that unfolded i was still kinda pissed off at what happened but it's a waste to clear it up now.

I will take my loss. **** happens, that's life. again thank yall.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

You're welcome.

"Really, your Honor... It wasn't my fault! He walked into my knife... backwards... 7 times...!"
Old 01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rly_stupid
as I said before I won't deny this being my fault but clear this is thread is following the mob mentality as somehow yall aren't reading that and playing follow the leader.

the cause of this though it's hard for me to grasp being me. weather due to my alias or a mental disorder I have...

reading back over what I posted about the events that unfolded i was still kinda pissed off at what happened but it's a waste to clear it up now.

I will take my loss. **** happens, that's life. again thank yall.
What your missing is it does not matter how you came to hit the other car from behine. The problem is that YOU hit it from behine which means your at fault according to the law. You can be pissed off all you want but it will not change that one simple fact....
Old 01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I've been rear ended twice, it's always the other person's fault, unless you are going in reverse, or rolling

until I see pics, I'm not feeding this troll
Old 01-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I don't believe the OP is a troll. I simply think he's in the denial stage. He's coming around. We all have those moments at some point(s) in our lives.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:53 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Ok, lets try this, let's say your at a 4 way intersection trafic light controlled. You get the green light and enter the intersection and you hit a car that ran its red light. Who is at fault and why?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:38 PM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

funny example, I was in that same situation but I was making a left hand turn and they ran a light and kept on goin straight. but due to the angle I was at fault...I've also had 4 deer hit me/I hit them whichever and been rear enden twice. seems life doesn't want me to drive. I've done two driver courses(NOT because I was told to) plus the one from high school. I'd like to say I know a thing or two bout driving, plus I've been doing it for 10 years(two can't technically be counted). but whatever...I'm vented and sometimes it takes popcorn from ants being thrown at me to accept situations. I'll say it again, thank yall
Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

i vote troll.....

Quick Reply: my mustang is dead......