Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traction control toggle? possibility?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:18 AM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Dean, is the TCS really getting in the way of how you drive? I leave mine on and drive my car pretty hard. The TCS will let me do some pretty crazy stuff before kicking in and bringing the car back in line. I've had the car pratically sideways in the rain or dry road before the TCS finally kicks in. I can spin the tires for a good 4 or 5 seconds before the TCS applies the brakes. That being said, I have to try pretty hard on dry pavement to get this car to break loose. It handles a lot better than I ever expected it to when I bought it whether the TCS is on or off.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:02 PM
dean12692
1st Gear Member

its just preference i guess, i just like it more with it off, my studebaker and my jimmy dont have it so i guess its because im used to not having it

i have a sct sf/x3 tuner and i cant seem to figure out how to disable it... help please
Old 02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

I don't have the option to turn TC off - period. There is no button on my dash. It is always on. And its a pain in the rear for burnouts and races.

I'll still have the option to turn it off in the tuner, right?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:06 AM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
I don't have the option to turn TC off - period. There is no button on my dash. It is always on. And its a pain in the rear for burnouts and races.

I'll still have the option to turn it off in the tuner, right?
You're talking about your mustang, right? You should be able to turn it off. Mine has the button just to the left of the shifter. The button looks like a car with a sqiggly patch of road behind it. And a tuner should be able to turn it off for you.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LTDan
You're talking about your mustang, right? You should be able to turn it off. Mine has the button just to the left of the shifter. The button looks like a car with a sqiggly patch of road behind it. And a tuner should be able to turn it off for you.
Yeah, mine doesn't have that period
Old 02-02-2011, 01:49 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Yeah, mine doesn't have that period
v6 does not come with TCS unless it is equip with ABS which was optional, hence you don't have the TCS button because you don't have it.

You having issues with only 1 wheel spinning for your burnouts?

Last edited by alkemist; 02-02-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

My understanding is that the TCS system on the 05-09 cars at least CUTS FUEL from the engine when detecting slip.

This is why people with forced induction *always* turn their system OFF so as to avoid a lean condition if the car detects slip under acceleration.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
v6 does not come with TCS unless it is equip with ABS which was optional, hence you don't have the TCS button because you don't have it.

You having issues with only 1 wheel spinning for your burnouts?
This is strange. I know I have ABS. And I know only 1 wheel spins on burnout (the left wheel to be specific)
Old 02-02-2011, 02:54 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

This is strange. I know I have ABS.
I would double check your window sticker. I believe ABS only came with the pony package on the V6, but I am not positive. I do know it was an optional safety feature. IF you did have TCS, you would have the TCS button on your center console.

The reason why you only do one wheel peels is because you don't have the LSD. Not because of TCS. Of course if you do have TCS, then you need to turn it off to do a real burnout.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
I would double check your window sticker. I believe ABS only came with the pony package on the V6, but I am not positive. I do know it was an optional safety feature. IF you did have TCS, you would have the TCS button on your center console.

The reason why you only do one wheel peels is because you don't have the LSD. Not because of TCS. Of course if you do have TCS, then you need to turn it off to do a real burnout.
If I don't have TCS, then how exactly do I solve my left wheel only burnout problem?

Quick Reply: traction control toggle? possibility?