Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay rip off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:48 PM
jessejamesiv
1st Gear Member

also man dont get a slotted rotor only drilled if possible the slots are gonna eat up the break pads fast... drilled holes are not as bad as the slots that basically shave layers off the pad
Old 03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dean12692
are these decent or some rip off chinese ****?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Fro...Q5fAccessories
I say don't for a number of reasons.

The absolute best situation, it will be a crap shoot. You might get a good set, you might not.
The primary reason: Chinese manufacturing, especially when not under strict oversight, is not consistent. You might know someone who has a great set, but when you get yours, yours will suck *****.
The reasons: The Chinese do not like to throw away reject parts, so unless they are under oversight, they will put the reject parts back to be shipped and sold.
Then next reason is the materials supplied to them form their sub-contractors could be just as inconsistent. That means one batch will be great, but the next batch will be absolute S***.
Another reason why to skip these is because in way too many cases of these ebay Chinese goods stores, the factories making these in alot of times could be purposefully making these with inferior materials and production standards; and that is the reason why they are so damn cheap.
And that raises the questions: considering materials and production quality, do these parts even meet US DOT minimum standards?

I remember a few years back there were alot of Chinese tire making companies that filed a compliant against the US for protectionism because we would not allow these tires to be sold in America.
The reason: The tires were unsafe and they failed US DOT minimum tire safety standards.

But none the less, if you want these Chinese tires, I believe you can buy them on ebay. Just use at your own risk and you are out of luck trying to sue the Chinese companies if the treads separate from the radial belts.

Last edited by JIM5.0; 03-06-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Hmmmm.... I see both sides and to be honest... I had them on my previous mustang and the fit was perfect, the quality was great on all 4 and I felt they did greatly improve my braking and looks.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:37 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i have been running a set of 4 rotors like those from rotorpros that were about the same price for almost 3 years i think. No issues at all. these should be fine also. I do have hawk pads though
Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

Don't know anything specific about this vendor, but I will tell you about my experience with low-priced EBay rotors. I purchased a rear set and installed them. After they were on the car for about 4 months, I went to the Mustang 45th Anniversary Event and ran the open track event. After the first session of track, I happened to look at my brakes - the driver's side rear was completely cracked (see photo). Since then, I've switched to Baer Decellarotors and have had no problems
Attached Thumbnails ebay rip off?-p4180857_large_.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:04 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I saw those and considered them for a minute. You get what you pay for. I went with EBC dimpled and slotted rotors with EBC red pads for about $550 via amazon.com Way better choice IMO.
Attached Thumbnails ebay rip off?-img_20101214_171750-1-.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 AM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

In my opinion, I would not trust it. I wouldn't chance it. I would pay more money for a better more durable product instead of paying less and having more money spent and more problems down the road. Good feedback is not always meaning that it's a good product. It could be a rip off. Good luck with this situation.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

what about the MT-82?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:09 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
what about the MT-82?
LOL, I knew it was not long before someone brought up the Chinese made MT82.

Though I am one who has the MT82, and though I have not had problems with mine, other than the occasional annoying rough shifts, there are others who have had problems with theirs, even to the point of failure.
And just like anything else made in China: you might get a good one, you might get a bad one.

The most notable case I can think of is JPC, professional modders and racers, who have had to ditch their MT82 because theirs broke with just some moderate mods on their engine. They said that they were not even supercharging or running nitrous on their car, just some NA mods and their MT82 broke in 3rd gear.
To race, they discarded the Chiense MT82 and went with a Tremex TKO 600 if I remember correctly.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:47 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Where in Cali are you? May have something for you.

Quick Reply: ebay rip off?