Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caution Updates - Pics/ Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Thanks all for the compliments!!

Cutter - Yeah man, its been awhile since I have been on MF. Thanks for the compliments - funny thing I already changed the lovers - you know me - lol! I really need to post new pics. I'll see if I can cut paste the mods that I did.

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Caution, nice to see ya around again. What is your motor set up bro those are some sweet @ss numbers your pushing! Love the new hood, mirrors and window covers bro!
Joe - I'll be back April 8th man ... just for 3 weeks then its right back to Afghanistan

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Whats happening J? Good seeing you back here. When you get back?

Cars looking great as always.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Oh mylanta that's a dyno sheet. Very nice
lol! Your post made me laugh I'm only at 15lbs of boost right now so this is my street/ mess around tune. Z (stangskeleton) is working on some other custom mods, custom pulley, engine modifications, etc. We'll eventually kick the boost up to 20+ lbs with the new pulley and mods and see what Caution throws down
Old 03-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
What kind of boost controler are you using?

When I had my turbo it would hit peak boost and hold at that level until I let off the throttle.

Just wondering.
What's going on!! I took my turbo off bro - that thing was giving me soooo many problems with overheating it was ridiculous. I could not get Caution to agree with it at all. I have the Whipple SC 24 HO kit with a 10 rib belt setup now. I'll post mods here in a bit - looking for the invoices.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:40 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Caution
Thanks all for the compliments!!

Cutter - Yeah man, its been awhile since I have been on MF. Thanks for the compliments - funny thing I already changed the lovers - you know me - lol! I really need to post new pics. I'll see if I can cut paste the mods that I did.

Joe - I'll be back April 8th man ... just for 3 weeks then its right back to Afghanistan
Your very welcome bro, and thank you again for your service man! I put my 20 in and retired in 2004 but I still miss it. Your car looks sweet, its about time you got with the program and got that hood Oh ya, if you get a chance I would love to hear what mods you have done to your motor because once I come into some money I want to build my motor and I'm wanting to shoot for the 625+RWHP range.

Last edited by CutterWolf; 03-19-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Wow that looks great man!! Thanks for your service as well!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Caution
What's going on!! I took my turbo off bro - that thing was giving me soooo many problems with overheating it was ridiculous. I could not get Caution to agree with it at all. I have the Whipple SC 24 HO kit with a 10 rib belt setup now. I'll post mods here in a bit - looking for the invoices.
Well that kind of explains the boost curve, but it still peaks and drops off? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I have a KB now and I am much faster on the strip.

Next month I am going to leave the 15 psi pulley on do a 100 oct tune and look for 600 rwhp with stock sticks and heads. Well mostly stock.

What Whipple is that? That some serious HP for 15 psi on the regular whipple and pump fuel. Is it a bigger blower than what I'm thinking of?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

whats up bro good to see you over here again, as usual your stang looks bad azz, we need to talk about the turbo since i have tha same one.
Javi...
Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Javdog
whats up bro good to see you over here again, as usual your stang looks bad azz, we need to talk about the turbo since i have tha same one.
Javi...
What's up bro! Sure thing man - Did you ever install that Turbo? I remember when you were in debate on buying it and I told you not too at that show in Calabasas either email me or catch me on FB bro - that's the 2 best ways to get a hold of me since I'm constantly out of the country (I think you're on page, don't remember). I'll PM you here in a minute
Old 03-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Steve09GT/CS

Fantastic car and Great shots!!! Loved the location where you took the photos.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Simon,

I don't have the invoices with me here in Afghanistan but to answer your question, I have the 2.3 Whipple with a 10 rib belt setup, on a Boss 302 aluminum block bored out to 5.3 with a custom intake on 15.24lbs of boost. I'll look for a motor pic during the build - I'm sure I may have one in my email somewhere.

I haven't checked but if they have something going on at the track when I'm home I wouldn't mind possibly linking up. I haven't had a chance yet to run Caution on the track with race fuel. Z is working on a custom pulley so hopefully if the pulley is done when I'm home I'll slap that on there with a race tune prior to the track so we can get fresh dyno numbers and see what Caution can do at the strip

What heads are you looking at or considering bro? What are your numbers?

Originally Posted by Simon1
Well that kind of explains the boost curve, but it still peaks and drops off? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I have a KB now and I am much faster on the strip.

Next month I am going to leave the 15 psi pulley on do a 100 oct tune and look for 600 rwhp with stock sticks and heads. Well mostly stock.

What Whipple is that? That some serious HP for 15 psi on the regular whipple and pump fuel. Is it a bigger blower than what I'm thinking of?

Quick Reply: Caution Updates - Pics/ Dyno