Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 and MP3 Info Display

Old 08-26-2005, 05:35 PM
fragstertx
1st Gear Member

Default Shaker 500 and MP3 Info Display

Is it just me or is it really crappy that the Shaker systems cannot scroll the MP3 tag info by default? I mean, even cheap*ss $99 MP3 decks do this! I don't see how someone decided it would be okay to make me press a "Text" button in such a expensive unit.

Oh well, in reality, that and my disdain for the cup holders are the only complaints I have--I'm still very much in awe of my new Stang.

BTW, I have never had a skipping problem or any other problem with the Shaker unit or any other part of the car so I'm guessing that by the June '05 build date mine has, they must have worked most of those issues out.

Rock on Ford!

Old 08-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker 500 and MP3 Info Display

I know what you mean about the info.

Comment---mine displays the Artist and song name (or part of it) as the first line of info. When I hit TEXT and scroll through the other info, it appears unavailable. It's like there are fields for ARTIST, SONG, ALBUM, etc. (I forget what fields are there), but it's not showing up correctly.

Question--does anybody have a good ripping program that puts all of the information in the right text fields so they appear correctly??

I've never had mine skip either (knocks on w00d).
Old 08-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Mine works fine in that, it will display all the information...

BUT.. it does frustrate me you can't make it automaticly scroll the info as it does on the radio stations.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:05 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

I'm just happy that the Shaker 500 can play MP3 CD's. With six of them in there I have about a month of non-repeating music for as much driving as I do (i.e., not a lot). I'm willing to hit the text button if I can't remember the title or artist.

As for a good CD ripping program, get CDex from http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

It's free and does an excellent job. It might require a little bit of tweaking to get the settings right for your computer (like the retry settings), but from there on it works very well and automatically fill in all of the right fields for you.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Mine has a June 2005 built date also. I don't have any problems.

"Comment---mine displays the Artist and song name (or part of it) as the first line of info. When I hit TEXT and scroll through the other info, it appears unavailable. It's like there are fields for ARTIST, SONG, ALBUM, etc. (I forget what fields are there), but it's not showing up correctly"

I can live with this. Maybe someday I will get around to learning how to edit the MP3's tags.

I only made one MP3 cd since I got the Stang and I still have space on the cd for more songs. I downloaded more songs but I didnt the chance to add them to my cd yet.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:13 AM
chris2k

I had the same question,
It also doesnt display folder name which really wouldve been good.
I made my first mp3 cd, put all the songs in folders with labeles, only to find out that it didnt display that info, just F1 etc.
when you can hold well over 100 songs on a disc, this really would have been helpful.

Old 08-27-2005, 02:04 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hambone

I know what you mean about the info.

Comment---mine displays the Artist and song name (or part of it) as the first line of info. When I hit TEXT and scroll through the other info, it appears unavailable. It's like there are fields for ARTIST, SONG, ALBUM, etc. (I forget what fields are there), but it's not showing up correctly.

Question--does anybody have a good ripping program that puts all of the information in the right text fields so they appear correctly??

I've never had mine skip either (knocks on w00d).
Just use Windows Media Player 10, but be sure to change the settings so that it rips it as an mp3 and not a completely stupid wma file. I don't think the stereo plays wma, but I only say that because hardly anything plays wma except a computer and I haven't tried wma in the car yet.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:47 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Another thing that bugged me about the Shaker 500 that I noticed today- it doesn't even say what track # I'm listening to on a store-bought CD! Even when I hit TEXT!
Old 08-27-2005, 03:15 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

It's funny, I had my car since June and only played one store bought cd to try it and that was it. I dodn't even notice. Will have to play around with it some more when I get the chance.
I just play the Mp3 cd that I made.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Back in Black

Just bought my GT last month with the Shaker 1000 and it works fine. It lists the text without hitting the button. I only need to hit the button if the song title is too long for the display. I do have a question though. I just converted several CD's to mp3 and put them in folders by band. For example the "Guns & Roses" folder has 3 CD folders inside titled "Appetite for Destruction", "Lies" and "Use your Illusion" with the individual song mp3's in each one. I'm hoping that the unit will display the band folder, which I can then enter to get to the CD folders and finally the songs. Will it do this or will it only go to the band folder and then directly to the songs, which means that I would have to lump the mp3's from all 3 CD's together in the G&R folder? Also I haven't found a program to burn them properly so that the folders display. I'm about to try the CDex program that Scott suggested, I'll let you know if it works.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shaker 500 and MP3 Info Display