Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:21 PM
quakejake

Default Looking for a Boss 302

Hi guys and gals, New to this forum. I enjoy all cars of muscle,old and new. After reading several articles on the 2011 Boss 302 I am very impressed with Road and Track's performance results and would possibly want one as a stable mate to my Corvette ZO6 as a 4 seat option to the Z. Would some of you be able to direct me to the larger Ford dealers in the NE that may have the best in stock selection of the Boss when it comes out? BTW as of now I'm not interested in the Laguna model as I do not like the color choices.Not new to Mustang BTW, I owned a 2001 Mustang Cobra New. Fun ride.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:24 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

All Laguna models are already sold I believe anyway.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:55 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Since the Laguna's have been going for $80K+ on ebay, it would make a nice stable mate for the Z06. Then you can have two $80K cars that run 12s.

Oooohhhh!! Burn!!!! :-)

Seriously though... I've heard of a couple of guys placing dealer orders, just call your local Ford dealer.

Last edited by VRFlip; 04-14-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i don't know about the north east, you may have to travel to find one. the are all 2012 cars too btw, not 11's. A few weeks back Jordan Ford in san antiono Texas had one left of the normal boss cars for Q4. The bulk of the Q1 and Q2 cars are gone it seems. Q3 and Q4 are all that is left. You might find on on the ground, but be ready to pay $5-$10K or more over.

A lot of these dealers are running the cars on cars.com showing them at sticker and then when people call they are saying the price is actually $5k more than what is on the site. There were also several street Boss 302's in Austin. Just call around to all the dealer sin your area. Beware a lot of dealers have no idea what these cars are and how they get them.

They may tell you they can just order it and it will come, that is not correct. They can just order all day long but without an allotment ford will not build or ship the car. Ask them if they have an allotment and what quarter it is for, if they don't know move on. there are a lot of shady dealers out there taking deposits on cars they can't get. also get MSRP in writing i have run across a couple guys that didn't get it in writing only to have the dealer call back later and say the price was $5k over sticker. also don't hold out for under msrp right now, i haven't seen anyone that has landed one for under that didn't know the owner of the dealership personally. Good luck!

Last edited by ShaneM; 04-14-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:34 AM
quakejake

Originally Posted by ShaneM
i don't know about the north east, you may have to travel to find one. the are all 2012 cars too btw, not 11's. A few weeks back Jordan Ford in san antiono Texas had one left of the normal boss cars for Q4. The bulk of the Q1 and Q2 cars are gone it seems. Q3 and Q4 are all that is left. You might find on on the ground, but be ready to pay $5-$10K or more over.

A lot of these dealers are running the cars on cars.com showing them at sticker and then when people call they are saying the price is actually $5k more than what is on the site. There were also several street Boss 302's in Austin. Just call around to all the dealer sin your area. Beware a lot of dealers have no idea what these cars are and how they get them.

They may tell you they can just order it and it will come, that is not correct. They can just order all day long but without an allotment ford will not build or ship the car. Ask them if they have an allotment and what quarter it is for, if they don't know move on. there are a lot of shady dealers out there taking deposits on cars they can't get. also get MSRP in writing i have run across a couple guys that didn't get it in writing only to have the dealer call back later and say the price was $5k over sticker. also don't hold out for under msrp right now, i haven't seen anyone that has landed one for under that didn't know the owner of the dealership personally. Good luck!
Thanks Shane for the info. I would never pay over msrp for any domestic car.I remember when the 2006 ZO6s MSRP were $100K for a $72K sticker especially in this economy when New Zo6's can be had for $68K out the door. I'll keep an eye out for the Regular Bosses that remain on the dealer lot a year from now with their marked down pricing.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:19 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by quakejake
Thanks Shane for the info. I would never pay over msrp for any domestic car.I remember when the 2006 ZO6s MSRP were $100K for a $72K sticker especially in this economy when New Zo6's can be had for $68K out the door. I'll keep an eye out for the Regular Bosses that remain on the dealer lot a year from now with their marked down pricing.
you might find used ones then, as for any left sitting around who knows. most of the largest dealers aroudn already ahve all allocations sold. i suspect when the start hititng used lots in a year or so they will be at sticker still like a lot of shelby cars end up as.