Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Start Button / Ejection seat

Old 08-30-2005, 12:34 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Start Button / Ejection seat

This is what I thought you guys were talking about when he said 'start button'
and thats why i asked what you do with the keys

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.c...tegory_ID=1238
Old 08-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

chris2k,

I forgot to ask, What is the plug made of? Probably plastic but wanted to ask.
By looking at the picture, it seems that it might go in all the way. Does it touch the inside back of the socket?
I mean if this touches wont it get hot and melt. I'm sure they made it safe but you never know.
I am just getting idea of this item before I spend 28.00 on it.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:25 AM
momustang
1st Gear Member

Don't think I'll be unpluggind my radar detector just for a faux Ejector button.

But that's just me.

EJECT! GOOSE! EJECT!
Old 08-30-2005, 02:59 PM
nautiluscont
1st Gear Member

Negative Ghostwriter, the pattern is full!!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:29 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Country1969

chris2k,

I forgot to ask, What is the plug made of? Probably plastic but wanted to ask.
By looking at the picture, it seems that it might go in all the way. Does it touch the inside back of the socket?
I mean if this touches wont it get hot and melt. I'm sure they made it safe but you never know.
I am just getting idea of this item before I spend 28.00 on it.
Plugging it all the way in won't hurt since plastic is not conductive and it wouldn't make the + to - contact required to send the 12vdc to the device plugged in.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nautiluscont

Negative Ghostwriter, the pattern is full!!
LOL!
That's my favorite line from the movie.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:18 PM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: momustang

Don't think I'll be unpluggind my radar detector just for a faux Ejector button.

But that's just me.

EJECT! GOOSE! EJECT!
I have my detector plugged into the port in the console. I just routed the cord all the way around, didn't even need to cut it or take off any panels. I have a splitter in there so that my radar detector and my cell phone both can be plugged in at the same time without using the one in the dash. It's nice to have that "extra" one when someone else needs it for a cell phone or when I need the third one (laptop, PSP etc)

Much cleaner looking IMO.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:21 PM
fragstertx
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dajohu

But that's just me.

EJECT! GOOSE! EJECT!
I have my detector plugged into the port in the console. I just routed the cord all the way around, didn't even need to cut it or take off any panels. I have a splitter in there so that my radar detector and my cell phone both can be plugged in at the same time without using the one in the dash. It's nice to have that "extra" one when someone else needs it for a cell phone or when I need the third one (laptop, PSP etc)

I like that idea--was thinking of chucking my detector just because of that nasty cord hanging down the front of my dash. You say you routed it "around" but what exactly did you route it around?

Old 08-31-2005, 10:48 AM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fragstertx

ORIGINAL: dajohu

But that's just me.

EJECT! GOOSE! EJECT!

I like that idea--was thinking of chucking my detector just because of that nasty cord hanging down the front of my dash. You say you routed it "around" but what exactly did you route it around?

My detector is hanging from my visor. It actually has a "wireless" option where you can run it off batteries, but that requires you to use the attachment that sticks on the windshield. So I ran the cable along the top of the visor (that way you can still use it with the detector attached). Under the pillar plastic down to the dash. I've had it both straight down the side of the dash in the door, and also through the dash, I'll have to look which way I left it. Then under the dash across to the middle where I ran it under the plastic (again you can just tuck it under by hand) and into the console through the little square plastic cap in there. Then I found a 2 way splitter that allows me to leave it plugged in all the time.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:10 PM
MACHINE
1st Gear Member

ordered my "GT" logoed one a couple days ago....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Start Button / Ejection seat