Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

Default Lift

I really want to lift my stang like 8" to clear my 34" dubs...J/K...I am looking for some good leads & experience with lifts...I "need" one in my garage and am starting my homework process...I have Gemeni here in Texas, but after the corvette incident I am leary...I have heard good things from Rotory, but $$$...This will be a one time purchase (obviously) so I need to make it right...Anyone?

edit...should have been mo pacific...I am looking for a garage lift, two post, four post (most likely), ect as you would see at Ford...Ya'll know what I'm talking about...
Old 04-26-2011, 09:30 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Check around for a garage that is closed or closing. I found one for a friend, $1000 out the door and I installed it after tracking down the instructions on line. Had to rebuild one cylinder....$75.00. Works great and was a half day to install. Also, many dealers will just put old ones out back after upgrading to new stuff. Look around and save.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

here is one that might be wrth looking into its from Costco.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...t21277&topnav=
Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Id love to have a life in the garage! Best of luck and hope you find a great one!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Because I'm curious, what was the "Corvette incident" and do you have a link?

Bendpak is another name.

ESPECIALLY IF YOU CHOOSE A TWO POST LIFT - - - THE CONDITION OF YOUR FLOOR AND THE CONCRETE STRENGTH & DEPTH ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. One reason being that an off-center load can pry up on some of the anchor bolts, and the failure mode is apt to give little or no warning. The specific lift mfr should have the concrete requirements readily available, and I'd urge that you make sure that your floor is comfortably thicker/stronger than the minimums. Note that your local building inspector may have requirements more stringent than the mfr, so make sure that you get their approval.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 04-27-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:55 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

google perfect park lift from Gemini lifts in tx...Don't want this headache...I looked into the two post one, which can be had from almost anywhere, even costco, but for parking/storage the drive-on lifts are preferred due to 'drooping suspension'...

AZPete...Great Idea...Will do this, thanks...Also, Bendpak is leading my race right now...Also looking at Rotory
Old 04-27-2011, 08:01 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

^that's just painful to look at! Good luck with your search sorry I can't really be of any help I just had to comment on that picture.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Would insurance cover that ? Or would you have to claim it through home insurance ? Im just curious, very painfull to look at. I hope no one got hurt
Old 04-27-2011, 08:20 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure Hagarty covered his classic vette, and the lift manufactor's insurance covered his newer vette and house damage, ect...It took somethink like 1.2 years for him to collect and get everythiong back to normal...This was from 2002-2003, but I don't even want a part of that nightmare
Old 05-03-2011, 10:29 PM
key_on

I have an All American lift. Unfortunately, the recession got to them and they closed up shop. However, you can sometimes find them used on Ebay or Craigslist. They are a top quality product.

Quick Reply: Lift