Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's Next?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Jay Bird

Default What's Next?

Trying to decide my next mod. I have the non-IC V3. Debating between CMCV delete plates and gears or adding a inter-cooler and smaller pulley. My overall goal is to have a low 12 sec high 11's weekend car.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Hack Job
2nd Gear Member

Deletes and gears. Javina80 is in the Parts For Sale section selling stock plates modified into deletes for a good price.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:28 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
Trying to decide my next mod. I have the non-IC V3. Debating between CMCV delete plates and gears or adding a inter-cooler and smaller pulley. My overall goal is to have a low 12 sec high 11's weekend car.
Intercooler or water/meth injection. OR...both.

That's what I'm working on....only if I could ever get a weekend to myself to finish the install for the water/meth...
Old 06-02-2011, 07:33 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
Oh, the reason why I say one, the other or both is because you definitely want to keep those intake temps down in the event (or, more likely, the real possibility) that you run more boost to help achieve the numbers you're looking for.

However, more power isn't always everything. With great power comes great...well...lack of traction, is what I always say. Traction is a whole nutha issue.