Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 02:26 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default Opinions please

Hello all, been a while since I've posted on a regular basis, but I come to you for your opinions
I had my car keyed about a month ago(living in Los Angeles has it's set back I guess) and I just got it back from the paint shop(insurance covered the damage) and it's been completely repainted, so I no longer have the shelby stripes front to back.
While the stripes looked great and my girlfriend says the car looks too plain now, I'm not too keen on replacing the stripes front to back. I'm looking at putting just a supersnake hood stripe only with a rear deck lid panel black-out. Although I'm debating color. Would silver(as my shelby stripes were) look best or flat black? I want a change and I'm not sure how a rear panel in silver would look, any suggestions? Anyone with a similar set-up I'm speaking of?
Thank you all in advance.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:17 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I would go with flat black!!! I think that is when super snake stripes look best. They repainted your whole car for it being keyed? It must have been pretty bad!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

If you are going with supersnake style I'd still go all the way down front and back bumpers. These cars tend to look incomplete if you don't.

If you dont do that... Id make SURE that the hood stripe covered the WHOLE hood and did not stop half an inch from the end of the hood like
some stripes do.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:33 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Mines white with the matt black stripe on the hood only. I dig it myself.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions please-fender-bender-014-medium-.jpg  
Old 06-20-2011, 04:50 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
I would go with flat black!!! I think that is when super snake stripes look best. They repainted your whole car for it being keyed? It must have been pretty bad!
It was keyed on the entire driver's side & parts of the hood & roof. The body shop owner said it would be easier to paint entire car instead of trying to blend the new & old finish.
The insurance company agreed & I have a new looking car for just the deductible. I'm nearly finished paying it off, so my appetite for some more mods are dancing in my head. It only has 49,000 miles and is just as clean inside as out.
As for striping the entire car again......I'm pretty hesitant. I re-striped the car 3 times when I had the Shelby stripes(the silver stripes seem to get faded & contaminated with spots over a period of time, usually about 6-8 months). Removing stripes is the absolute worst job ever!
I want to accent it without over doing it. I saw a chin spoiler/rear plastic louvered black-out panel on eBay for $149. So I'm thinking that with just a supersnake hood stripe. White05GT, I like it! Where did you buy your stripe kit from?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:13 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05gtdriver
It was keyed on the entire driver's side & parts of the hood & roof. The body shop owner said it would be easier to paint entire car instead of trying to blend the new & old finish.
The insurance company agreed & I have a new looking car for just the deductible. I'm nearly finished paying it off, so my appetite for some more mods are dancing in my head. It only has 49,000 miles and is just as clean inside as out.
As for striping the entire car again......I'm pretty hesitant. I re-striped the car 3 times when I had the Shelby stripes(the silver stripes seem to get faded & contaminated with spots over a period of time, usually about 6-8 months). Removing stripes is the absolute worst job ever!
I want to accent it without over doing it. I saw a chin spoiler/rear plastic louvered black-out panel on eBay for $149. So I'm thinking that with just a supersnake hood stripe. White05GT, I like it! Where did you buy your stripe kit from?
Well damn then you didn't lose too much there but a deductible! Wish my whole car could be repainted!

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
If you are going with supersnake style I'd still go all the way down front and back bumpers. These cars tend to look incomplete if you don't.

If you dont do that... Id make SURE that the hood stripe covered the WHOLE hood and did not stop half an inch from the end of the hood like
some stripes do.
+1, I can't stand that!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by White05GT
Mines white with the matt black stripe on the hood only. I dig it myself.
That's kinda the CS look.
I dig it as well.
Notice the stripe DOES go all the way down the hood.

That's the ONE thing I'd make sure of.
I cant STAND the stripe down the hood like this...
Notice how it stops about an inch or more before the end of the hood.
Yuck... I N C O M P L E T E !

Old 06-20-2011, 09:05 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i would leave it without the stripes, especially since you are just going to do the hood.
and invest the money under the hood.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
BIGPHIL
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
i would leave it without the stripes, especially since you are just going to do the hood.
and invest the money under the hood.
Boom shaka laka!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:34 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Notice how it stops about an inch or more before the end of the hood.
Yuck... I N C O M P L E T E !

A quarter inch or smaller from the edge of the hood changes everything though.

Quick Reply: Opinions please