Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 Premium with Performance Package question????

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 07:50 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Default V6 Premium with Performance Package question????

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have very little knowledge on Mustangs (actually cars in general). However, I plan on purchasing a V6 Premium Mustang to include the Performance Package (2011 or 2012). I was wondering if anyone in this forum has this and can include any of their personal input. I'm currently serving a one year tour in Afghanistan, so I have alot of time to consider what I want when I do finally purchase my first mustang. Any help will be appreicated...Also, if any has pics of a black mustang with grey leather interior, i would like to see how it looks. Thanks...
Old 06-20-2011, 08:25 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Whats the question? Should you get it?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:28 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

I think OP is asking what any current owners of a 11 or 12 V6 with the Performance package can say about the perfomance, issues and how they like it.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 PM
ponypackage2011

i just bought a 2011 v-6 Pony package. I love it! Runs like a v-8, has dual exhaust and will fly like a V-8, without the price. Also gets good gas mileage. The only thing I dont like about the stangs, are they do not come with a spare tire, jack or lug wrench. I think that sux. I am very happy with my new car.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:21 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

@LostBoyz: Just asking if anyone has the Performance Package with their mustang how what are their thoughts on it.

@PonyPackage2011: Yes, I thought about getting a V8, but not really sure if I want to spend a whole lot and figured I could just have something almost like it (i.e. V6) and spend just a little less. Do u plan on making any modification? Reason I'm asking is because once I get my mustang, for the initial modification I plan on getting an axle back exhaust, cold air intake, and a tuner. So for now I've just been doing some research online and been visiting forums and reading old post to gather as much information as needed. Well Ponypackage, glad you enjoy your mustang, can't get to get this deployment done with so I can purchase mine.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

You would NOT regret getting a new 5.0 my friend.

I think you would be glad if you did in the long run.
Not to bash the new V6. They are great. But man...I'm telling you the 5.0 compared to the V6 is a WHOLE different animal and you would be grinning ear to ear.

You are already talking mods on the V6... that means you are looking for more power.
Get the 5.0 and you already have it.
Bet ya anything after you started modding you will keep looking for power.
You say that is all you want now... but it will change... it does for EVERYONE.

That's how the mod bug goes and it is a FEVER that can't be stopped.
After a while you will end up wishing you just had gone V8 to start with.

Give this some SERIOUS thought my man.
The extra cost is worth it and in the long run after getting the mod bug you may end up saving
money. Well... YOU WILL when it comes for dollar per Horsepower.

With a little research you can easily find a 5.0 for MSRP or lower.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 06-21-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ponypackage2011
i just bought a 2011 v-6 Pony package. I love it! Runs like a v-8, has dual exhaust and will fly like a V-8, without the price. Also gets good gas mileage. The only thing I dont like about the stangs, are they do not come with a spare tire, jack or lug wrench. I think that sux. I am very happy with my new car.
You do have the option to purchase a spare tire. In order for Ford to compete in the MPG game they are using weight reduction in their favor. The setup they've supplied may not be ideal but it is functional and it nets you better gas mileage.

And please everyone, do not take this the wrong way (as i'm sure some will) but no V6 will ever drive like a V8. Take it for what it is and love what you have.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:50 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

@BlackSmoke:

Hey thanks for the input, it really made me re-evaluate my options. Actually, I did look at the 5.0 at first. However, I wanted the Gt Premium (I do want leather interior seats) to include some of the interior options it comes with. When I priced it up on the website, it came up to be around $34,000 (approximate figure). So this led me to do the same with the V6 Premium and it came up to be around the $27,000-$29,000 price range. Yet, I did want a little more power, so then I went to different website to see how I can add more power to a V6 if I do make the final decision and purchase it.

I'm stationed in Germany and going thru AFFES (Army and Airforce Exchange Service) Auto sales for purchase. I just talked to the dealer today and he told me that since I'm stationed overseas, I will end up getting a $1500 to $2000 discount off the market price.

Also, I'm in a remote Combat Outpost in Afghanistan, so I can't spend any money (i unless I purchase things on line which I plan not to do) and plan on saving every paycheck tax-free. I only been here for 2 months now, so I still have alot of time to save and think about what I really want.

Overall, taking into consideration on what you just said, you are right. If I end up getting the V6, I will modify it. Like it for a few weeks, then keep modifying until my heart desires (which will take alot). So I will definately add the V8 back on my option list.

Thanks...
Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

NP man.
Us mod guys often try to go for the cheapest thing at FIRST.
Then we end up regretting it when we realize how much money we would save in the LONG RUN and how much more power we would end up with for the money.

You can also get additional incentives that will save you even more money.
Make a post on here about it. There are a few guys on this forum that know how to instantly save you THOUSANDS on a new purchase and I'm not even joking.

I think you would end up both saving money when putting in the consideration ALL the mods you would have to make to make the V6 like the GT, and I think you would be proud do have that 5.0 when all was set and done!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:21 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

It's definitely a good idea to keep the 5.0 in mind. Both cars are nice, and I have the premium edition of the GT and I can vouch for the fact that the new cars are pretty darn comfortable for being sport cars. The leather seats are a nice creature comfort and the ambient lighting has its moments (instant mood lights ) and overall the interior feels more put together than the older generation.

With regard to the V8/V6 deal, they both fit different people. For me, I test drove the V6 and I was impressed but it wasn't quite the jump I was expecting and for me, the sound just isn't the same. I took a test drive then in a '10 GT and could just feel the torque right away. For me I luckily had the ability to swing either car, I just had to figure out what I wasn't going to regret. I'm really happy I went with the 5.0 because I'm not a high mileage driver so to me, the fun factor of the V8 outweighed the gas mileage and price of the V6.

If I were you, I'd write out a list of pros and cons for each model and just take some time to think on it. It's a big decision and you have the time, don't let anybody rush you into a choice you might regret. Thanks for serving, we all appreciate it whether we say so or not.

Quick Reply: V6 Premium with Performance Package question????