Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCharger install labor only

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:40 AM
Charliemopic

Default ProCharger install labor only

For labor Only,
how much are you guys paying to have a Procharger, BAP and oil pump gears installed at a performance shop?

Thanks much
Old 04-20-2021, 09:00 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I think the oil pump gears are going to be the big labor item, the rest of it should price between $800 and $2000 depending on how busy the shop is. I'd suspect replacing the oil pump gears would be about the same as swapping out cams since you have to pull the valve covers to be able to pull the timing chain cover.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:41 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

When I had my cams installed it was 600 and that was a long time ago at 1/2 off for a special. Id say now days just to get the oil pump gears installed ur would be looking at over 1000.

Supercharger install most likely 800 to 1200. I would assume that would include the BAP as well

2200 to do the job. Maybe more. Just call a shop and ask. We can speculate all day but ur best bet is to call them. Offer them cash after they give you a quote. They should be able to knock the price down a bit with a cash offer from customer.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:52 AM
Charliemopic

Originally Posted by outceltj
When I had my cams installed it was 600 and that was a long time ago at 1/2 off for a special. Id say now days just to get the oil pump gears installed ur would be looking at over 1000.

Supercharger install most likely 800 to 1200. I would assume that would include the BAP as well

2200 to do the job. Maybe more. Just call a shop and ask. We can speculate all day but ur best bet is to call them. Offer them cash after they give you a quote. They should be able to knock the price down a bit with a cash offer from customer.
I appreciate the replys.
Im in the Chicagoland area.
Since my OP we got a quote from 1 shop for Procharger install, BAP and oil pump gears for $3900, thats install only. Is scheduled for June 7 and will take 2 weeks.
Update to follow.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:10 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Charliemopic
I appreciate the replys.
Im in the Chicagoland area.
Since my OP we got a quote from 1 shop for Procharger install, BAP and oil pump gears for $3900, thats install only. Is scheduled for June 7 and will take 2 weeks.
Update to follow.

Ur not too far from brenspeed. Its the shop i go to. They are located North Webster IN. Pretty well known on the forums. Well its safe to say I was completely way off on my guess. Anyway look forward to the follow up
Old 04-27-2021, 12:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I prresume for $3900 that includes dyno time for a custom tune as opposed to a canned tune...?
Old 06-05-2021, 08:59 AM
Charliemopic

[QUOTE=Derf00;8686737]I prresume for $3900 that includes dyno time for a custom tune as opposed to a canned tune...?[/QUOTE
This Mustang belongs to my cousin Ray.
He wants box tune.
2012 automatic 5.0 with headers, Boss intake, 3.55 gears and ET Drag radials it runs 12.5. quarter miles.
What will it run after adding an 8psi Procharger??
Old 07-04-2021, 09:23 AM
Charliemopic

Default Update

From the OP.
The Mustang GT is at Modern Muscle.
Its supposed to be done June 9.
They say to put 300 miles on it before racing.
But why? I dont get it?
How do you put 300 miles on a race car 1/4 mile at a time?
When a shop starts saying things that dont make sense or they patronize car owner I lose trust in then bcuz they will say anything.

Whats it gonna run?
Old 07-05-2021, 04:58 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

It sounds like they are wanting a break-in period. Also the cars have adaptive tuning and it will drive better after 300 miles with the new supercharger... but it's not a new motor, so...
Anyway Dom (1/4 mile at a time), have your cousin take it for a weekend drive, I mean it's not that wildly modified..
The other thing is MAYBE they are wanting the gas tank to be absolutely fully on 93 octane and driving 300 miles would effectively flush the entire gas tank out of regular fuel and ensure you don't get any detonation with low octane fuel. This sounds like some "lost in translation" info, I mean if the guy picking it up or dropping it off asks why then the reasoning would be given and then you can make a decision if the reasoning is sound, until then it's just conjecture.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

[QUOTE=Charliemopic;8688663]
Originally Posted by Derf00
I prresume for $3900 that includes dyno time for a custom tune as opposed to a canned tune...?[/QUOTE
This Mustang belongs to my cousin Ray.
He wants box tune.
2012 automatic 5.0 with headers, Boss intake, 3.55 gears and ET Drag radials it runs 12.5. quarter miles.
What will it run after adding an 8psi Procharger??
Putting on a super charger with just a canned tune? Oooffffff! Canned tunes when you get that modified are just to get you to the shop for the dyno tune. Without the dyno, at the very least he's leaving a lot on the table power-wise. At the worst, it will have issues with the A/F which will cause reliability problems, especially for a track car. And Danzcool is correct, there is a plethora of reasons why the shop said break in for 300 miles. Without asking them why, it's all just a guess.

Quick Reply: ProCharger install labor only